If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

Avonaire Fairing for /2

Allan.Atherton

Avonaire Fairing for /2

Post by Allan.Atherton »

well ok here are some bits I made...
Those shots are amazing. I have always envied real mechanics and those who could weld.

EuroIron

Avonaire Fairing for /2

Post by EuroIron »

Thank you sir, you are very kind, I'm not really thrilled with the seat bracket welds but it did polish out nice and is so over-done a few of the less than perfect beads don't really matter...... hope not anyhow

a little more of the front engine mount...... really not the easy way to do this but once I decided I liked it, there wasn't any stopping and the rear had to be done the same but with three levels of "X" bracing to keep that 53 inch VTwin from jerking them apart

these were cut off, shortened, and welded back on with some reinforcing on the back sides..... needed to get the Vintage Cosmo Tarozzi rear sets back far enough

The Tarozzis are really nice but I did discard the supplied clevis joints in favor or aviation grade stainless rod ends, Joey Two Bolts at Vintage Cosmo gave those and the Three Way Tomaselli's to this bike, cool guy

this is the Duc alternator setup partially complete and before final welding, I think I would put one of these on a /2 or 3 bike in a heart beat and not because the stock excited field thing is so bad like a HD genny, just that these are simpler and much better

that is the one that supports the long runner struts after it was welded into place

there are much easier ways to mount a remote spin on filter adapter

couple anchor points for the exhaust and QD passenger pegs

I wish Ti machined as easily as T6...... life would be easier

I'd really like to fab up some fairing mounts and do the anchor points this way....... and then for the struts probably some LH/RH couplers with the right hardware........ could be very minimal and quite strong

The BMW frames are a bit heavier walled than the Fbed and I've never had one of my Fbeds break yet

EuroIron

Avonaire Fairing for /2

Post by EuroIron »

finally found one of it from about a year and change ago

under 370 pounds and it got a double leader on the rear, different swing arm since then and a few other things, geared for right at 160 at 6800 rpm, I'll be thrilled if it touches 135

saintclair2703

Avonaire Fairing for /2

Post by saintclair2703 »

Best use of electrical tape on a seat I've ever seen.!

Can you adapt that method to keep an Avonaire on the bike?
I deserve a paper plate as strong as I am!

EuroIron

Avonaire Fairing for /2

Post by EuroIron »

yes and since your highly trained and keenly astute eye has caught that detail

I'll spill my guts

use the Gorilla Tape instead of the "same old same old gets slimy and sticky greasy skinny black E tape"

you know anyone that can do perfection to that seat in semi exotic hide?

nothing fancy but not satisfied with the hide of naugas

some 1/4" gel pad and a layer of rhino or shark over it would likely suit me and probably would prefer snap rivets to glue

that Gorilla tape is awesome stuff though

VBMWMO

Avonaire Fairing for /2

Post by VBMWMO »

Hey does anyone know if different Avonaire fairings were made for /2 earls fork, tele fork, /6 etc. I am looking at one and not sure if it is for a /2. and the owner does not know. Thanks
Dedicated to the Preservation of Classic and Antique BMW Motorcycles.