If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

Plans for Pillion Pad?

pierce7221

Plans for Pillion Pad?

Post by pierce7221 »

actually i did this myself using some fake leather from a fabric store, 3 layers of 1/16" modeling plywood, wood glue, foam i found at an upholstery store, 3 little bolts with locking nuts, and a staple gun. i happened to have all of these materials handy except the foam.

i wasn't planning on telling anyone about it, because it ain't exactly pretty :)
but it seems to work, for short rides anyway. had a rider on it just once. wouldn't want to take it on a long trip, i bet. no adjustable springs or other niceties like the originals, and it's rather narrow. i shoulda made it bigger, probably.

Allan.Atherton

Plans for Pillion Pad?

Post by Allan.Atherton »

I had three seat scooter seat blanks on hand. Can't get much for adapting them now that Bluemoonscooter is having smaller ones made in Vietnam for $40. I made them up using Bluemoonscooter's universal clamp mounting system. Sold two direct for $75. The third blank was cosmetically imperfect and only brought $37.50 on eBay ( Item number: 260101172389 ).
That was less than the seat blank cost me :-(
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 389&rd=1,1

VBMWMO

Plans for Pillion Pad?

Post by VBMWMO »

My 1964 R60/2 has the standard black top-of-rear-fender rack with three threaded holes. I would like to make my own pillion pad. I can make a base and then have a local upholstery shop sew up a leather covered foam pad. Does anybody know of a site that has attachment plans for such a thing so I don't have to re-invent the wheel, fun as that might be.

Ray Brutti
Flagstaff, Arizona
Dedicated to the Preservation of Classic and Antique BMW Motorcycles.