If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

Denfeld racks

comet

Denfeld racks

Post by comet »

The Denfeld rack with the orange rubber strips had two part numbers, one for the single and one for the twin. The universal one, without the orange strips, would fit either motorcycle but don't over load it, it will rest on your fender and scratch the paint.......Comet

Allan.Atherton

Re: Denfeld racks

Post by Allan.Atherton »

Does anyone know if all /2 Denfeld folding racks will fit the R27? I've seen R27s with these type racks but I'm wondering if they were made especially for the singles or are they all the same?
I have one on my R27 and had the same thing on my R69US before it was excluded by Enduro bags. They are the same rack. The Huggett and Bench Mark Works sites also only list one part number for this rack, 72 60 9 034 144, to fit all bikes. This item attaches to the fender and the shock mounts.
Here is the rack on my R27:
http://home.insightbb.com/~aatherton/R2 ... in2004.jpg
And here on my R69US:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/roundel/145829369/

wicks

Denfeld racks

Post by wicks »

Wow, impressive R69s! Where can I find some original mirrors and handlebar end blinkers? Hella still stock them? ;)

Mine has some hanging off the side of the headlamp, and bar-end mirrors, but I think they were some other kind of aftermarket.
Wicks
1962 R69S, 2006 M5, 2000 Aprilia RSV Mille R, 1997 Defender 90, 2007 Benelli M4 ;)

R.D. Green

Denfeld Racks

Post by R.D. Green »

Thanks for the pics and advice. I've found a nice one that I think will fit. Aside from the question of what will fit what, there are several different styles out there. They look basically alike but there are differences. I found that out a long time ago with Butler & Smith /5 racks, too.

Richard

VBMWMO

Denfeld racks

Post by VBMWMO »

Does anyone know if all /2 Denfeld folding racks will fit the R27? I've seen R27s with these type racks but I'm wondering if they were made especially for the singles or are they all the same?

Richard
Dedicated to the Preservation of Classic and Antique BMW Motorcycles.