If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

R69S 12 volt conversion

Allan.Atherton

Re: R69S 12 volt conversion

Post by Allan.Atherton »

... I am looking at the Motottad Elektric 200 watt system, the "slap on" 200 watt system from BenchMark Works. I have also seen a 150 watt system with electronic ignition. I would like to hear from anyone using any of these systems...
Motorrad Elektric and Bench Mark Works sell the same 12V kit made by Emerald Island, which I installed in my R60/2. I watched part of an MZ-B 12V + electronic ignition installation on another person's bike. And I installed a /5 12V system on my R27.
I have a lot of info I could email you if you want, but to cut it short, the MZ-B kit requires an expert to install, while the Emerald Island kit can be installed by anybody.

ken736cc

R69S 12 volt conversion

Post by ken736cc »

Hi,
I am still leaning towards the electronic ignition unit. Installation is not an issue. I am a BMW certified master tech. An e mail or pm would help me decide. Thanks

Allan.Atherton

R69S 12 volt conversion

Post by Allan.Atherton »

I am still leaning towards the electronic ignition unit. Installation is not an issue. I am a BMW certified master tech. An e mail or pm would help me decide. Thanks
I don't see your email and don't know if the forum does private messages. My email has a link here:
http://www.vintagebmw.org/current/news-events/about.htm
Allan Atherton

Darryl.Richman

R69S 12 volt conversion

Post by Darryl.Richman »

At the bottom of every posting is a series of buttons which include PM and Email. Click one of those to send that kind of item.

However, nearly all VBMWMO members have no email even though a button is shown. This is because they've been added to the forum's database through a batch load and have bypassed the forum's normal requirement for a valid email address. If you click on the email button and your email editor shows a blank "to:" line, or an address like abc1234@vintagebmw.org, then you aren't going to be able to send them email. Just use the PM button and they will see it when they next visit the forum.

People who register with the forum must give an email address.
--Darryl Richman

Allan.Atherton

R69S 12 volt conversion

Post by Allan.Atherton »

At the bottom of every posting is a series of buttons which include PM and Email... However, nearly all VBMWMO members have no email even though a button is shown....
I don't see an Email button. But the Profile button goes to a window that has a place for an email address. But I don't see one for you or me.

VBMWMO

R69S 12 volt conversion

Post by VBMWMO »

Hi everyone. I'm new here, but I have owned my R69S for about 20 years now. I have done a search on this topic, but I would like more advise.
I am ready to upgrade to a 12 Volt electrical system. I am looking at the Motottad Elektric 200 watt system, the "slap on" 200 watt system from BenchMark Works. I have also seen a 150 watt system with electronic ignition. I would like to hear from anyone using any of these systems.
Thanks in advance
Dedicated to the Preservation of Classic and Antique BMW Motorcycles.