If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

Inherited Glaser fairing for R69S

CHPorter

Pics of the Glaser fairing

Post by CHPorter »

here are some photos of the Glaser fairing:

http://homepage.mac.com/chporter/Glaser ... lbum6.html

Thanks,

Craig Porter
Dearborn, MI

Allan.Atherton

Re: Inherited Glaser fairing for R69S

Post by Allan.Atherton »

... new-in-the-box Glaser fairing... literally in the packing in which it arrived from Germany in 1986... Is there someone out there who could tell me what it's worth?...
A new Avonaire was $1000 in 1986 when I restored a used one with all new parts. In 2003 I paid $1200 for a very good used Avonaire and a new windshield. I think Bench Mark Works is coming out with a repro Peel fairing, which is like a Wixom Ranger lower with an Avonaire top, and I speculate it might be $1500 to $2000. Huggett has the /2 Avonaire mold and if he ever markets the Avonaire, I think they will cost $2000 to $2500.
The Glaser is less fairing than an Avonaire or Peel, but because it's NOS I think its worth $1500 to $2000. It should fit all twins from 1955-1969.

VBMWMO

Inherited Glaser fairing for R69S

Post by VBMWMO »

Greetings,
In one of those weird twists that life brings I have inherited a new-in-the-box Glaser fairing for an R69S. A friend who passed away left it to me, along with an '82 R100RS that needs a lot of work. I am much more conversant with the 80s bikes, having had an '83 since new and will concentrate on the bike he left me, hopefully with this fairing providing some of the funds to do a restoration.

The Glaser is literally in the packing in which it arrived from Germany in 1986, when my friend ordered it for his /2. Looks like he paid about 1500DM (w/shipping), according to an invoice and nice little PS from Herr Glaser that I can't translate.

He never got around to putting it on his bike -- we thought we'd be messing around with these bikes when we're old farts but, sadly, now I guess we won't.

It includes an upper tubular frame with wiring harness, tubular framing for the lower section (each side), a new Hella H4 headlamp, interior liners, the one-piece fairing (gloss black, of course), a bulbous windshield, two Albert mirrors, and a cute little leather beanie to put on the bike's headlight shell inside the fairing. Plus other bits and pieces. I believe that everything is there for a complete installation.

So, my question is what to do with it? Is there someone out there who could tell me what it's worth? Or a vendor who'd like to sell it on commission? Or an R69S rider who's wanted one of these all his life? I can shoot some photos of it if anyone would like to see them.

Thanks for letting me ask.

Best,

Craig Porter
Dearborn, MI
Dedicated to the Preservation of Classic and Antique BMW Motorcycles.