If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

Question for Original Appearance of '68 R60US

schrader7032

Post by schrader7032 »

I'm no expert, but I've seen quite a few pictures of /2s in Slabon's book as well as Falloon's books as well as people posting pictures on the web. I don't recall ever seeing the wheel covers or valve covers painted black in any pictures. When you say "My R60US appeared...", what do you mean by appeared? Are you first owner and this is how the bike was delivered? If you're not the first owner, then my guess is that some PO decided on the paint for some reason.

Kurt in S.A.
Kurt in S.A.
'78 R100/7 '69 R69S '52 R25/2
Fast. Neat. Average. Friendly. Good. Good.

thornatty

Post by thornatty »

8) Just what I suspected; some PO got creative with the spray gun on the wheel drums and valve covers; luckily it's easily correctible back to original.
Thorn McDaniel #6429
Coconut Grove, FL

VBMWMO

Post by VBMWMO »

8) My R60US appeared with the front and rear wheel covers painted black and the valve covers also...otherwise it's totally stock; I haven't repainted to the aluminum/natural color yet, since the painting was profesionally done, although the valve covers are now the natural aluminum metal...it just looks a little weird; anyone out there know some reason why this was done?? Thanks, thorn mcdaniel, coconut grove, fl VIN#1815266
Dedicated to the Preservation of Classic and Antique BMW Motorcycles.