If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

Replacement Brushes/Voltage Regulator

brettironbutt

Replacement Brushes/Voltage Regulator

Post by brettironbutt »

Good afternoon all!
I took my brushes/VR off to get a better look at it. Pics enclosed. I live in Sweden, and shipping and import taxes are a real factor here, so I was trying to source this local, but I can't find a good part number. It is the brushes and VR for a slap on 12V kit I installed years ago.

The top of the device has the following:
VR-B200HL
S51164AT
M0818

Pics enclosed. Vech said it was made by Transpo, but I can't find it with google here, even with my VPN set to the states.
I called MAX BMW, and they have a part number, but it is local for the slap kit, not for the replacement brushes themselves.

Any help with a part number for Bosch or equiv?
Attachments
IMG_3354.jpeg
Close Up 2.jpeg

jwonder

Re: Replacement Brushes/Voltage Regulator

Post by jwonder »

Please send a few pictures of the front of the motor, the generator and the ignition unit please. From the one picture it looks a bit different but it is hard to tell. Once we know that we can help guide.
James Wonder
Vice President, Vintage BMW Motorcycle Owners
2022 BMW Friend Of the Marque
Long Island, New York

brettironbutt

Post by brettironbutt »

Thanks! Enclosed is a better picture from upfront. I have found two that are similar. The top one I can buy here in Sweden, and has the correct orientation. The one below is for a K bike, and has the black disc on the back and vertical instead of horizontal. My question really is will any VR work, as long as the geometry of the brushes/bolt holes/ground are correct, and it is set for 14V? Or is there something else to consider?

This is a back up for the set I have, which are not that old. I intend on traversing Europe into Africa this summer, and doing all of Chile this winter, so I want to carry a spare to avoid getting stranded.

Thanks again for the help.
vr
Brett
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-02-16 at 11.46.40.png

vechorik1373

Post by vechorik1373 »

Seeing the number on the existing regulator was all I needed to jog what's left of my faulty memory.

The Bosch number is simply VR-200H. Available in Europe.

Go here: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VR-B200H-BOS ... 2965137529

They say it fits Lancia, Opel, Peugeot, Saab, Seat, Skoda, VW alternators Should be easy to find in Europe.

Here is a link to a ebay source in the USA:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/155409522514?_ ... %3A2047675
Vech
Technical Adviser, Former owner, Bench Mark Works
662 312 2838 cell 9 am to 4pm CST PLEASE!

brettironbutt

Post by brettironbutt »

Thanks Vech! Another quick follow up: Do you recommend carrying a spare diode board, if I am on a very long ride?