If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

eBay - Kleinanzeigen

Slash2

eBay - Kleinanzeigen

Post by Slash2 »

Greetings,

I'm trying to facilitate the purchase of an item from eBay - Kleinenzeigan for a good friend and it appears that the site will not allow registration and access from the USA. Has anyone encountered and overcome this obstacle and if so do you have any suggestions that will make this a possibility. Obviously if I had an agent in Germany, I could have them conduct the purchase and then ship the item to the states but I do not currently have a contact or reliable source in Germany.

Thanks for any help!

-Chris
Western Pennsylvanian - Airhead Extraordinaire

cwf

Re: eBay - Kleinanzeigen

Post by cwf »

Hello,

I've been buying things from ebay.de from the UK with no problems except Brexit tax. Have you tried contacting direct? Most understand English but I usually use Google translate, although you need care with technical terms.

Good luck, Charlie.
75/7+ offroad sidecar; 50/2; R 35; XR125V; XR200A; Solex; 1939 Hillman Minx DHC.

Slash2

Post by Slash2 »

Hi Charlie,

Thanks for the response. The issue I'm having is that it won't allow me to register for the site from the USA so I'm not able to contact the seller directly at all.

Thanks!

caker

Post by caker »

Stupid eBay tricks: 1) eBay.com defaults to North America listings ONLY in searches (they call it "default"), and will even hide listings if you view them directly. Switch to "Worldwide" to see all listings under Filters. You can save this setting in Saved Searches, and also on mobile you can tell it to set it permanently in the settings...

2) "ebay.de" and "ebay.com" domains can be interchanged in the URL - just swap .de for .com and the links work identically. Accounts are shared across all of eBay properties, too...

Except on eBay Kleinanzeigen. It uses its own accounts, is entirely separate from ebay.com listings, and you can only sign up from German ISPs, phone numbers and email providers (or something like that)... The best advice I have is find a friend in Germany to either make contact for you and ask if they'll do an off-site sale (can be dangerous), or have said friend make the purchase for you.

Maybe there's a better way?

-Chris

Slash2

Post by Slash2 »

Chris,

Thank you for that thorough explanation. It is as I presumed but that at least confirms my suspicions. It is a rather odd design but I'm sure there's some reasoning behind it.

At any rate, my friend was able to contact a gentleman in Germany with whom he had done business prior and has secured the tank which will look great on his R51/2 project.

Thanks for all the help!

-Chris