If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

Bar End Flasher 6V FESTOON LED

vechorik1373

Re: Bar End Flasher 6V FESTOON LED

Post by vechorik1373 »

When I owned Bench Mark Works, we sold an electronic flasher that will operate the LED festoon bulbs.
61 31 8 048 141E -- flasher electronic signal indicator relay 6v 18w EFS&T for LED festoon bulbs.

The Bench Mark Works web site, (now owned and operated by MAX BMW) still lists them as available.

But before you commit yourself to LED festoon bulbs, just a cautionary warning. ALL LEDs emit light in a very linear fashion.
This means dead in front of, and dead behind the bike, the bar end signals will be bright. When viewed from and angle, (like at an intersection) no so much. Just remember this.
Vech
Technical Adviser, Former owner, Bench Mark Works
662 312 2838 cell 9 am to 4pm CST PLEASE!

Flx48

Post by Flx48 »

Thanks Adam!

cwf

Post by cwf »

Plenty here about LEDs and their particular requirements :

https://www.dynamoregulatorconversions. ... -bulbs.php
75/7+ offroad sidecar; 50/2; R 35; XR125V; XR200A; Solex; 1939 Hillman Minx DHC.

oldnslo

Post by oldnslo »

I fully appreciate Vech's comment about viewing LEDs off angle, the ones I mentioned in my post ( https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08XR2RG5G?re ... tails&th=1) act more like a point source of light and are pretty visible straight on and off angle-I've attached a couple of pics to try to show this (ignore the rear turn signal, which is a Hyperlite). Again, these are 12V not 6V.

Adam
Attachments
bar end at an angle (1).JPG
bar end straight on.JPG

germancarguy

Post by germancarguy »

I ordered the flasher that Vech suggested from Max but it did not work either. The flasher is labeled as 12 volt my system is still 6 volt. I will wait for the motor installation at Barrington and see how it behaves when it's running. If still not working I may try the following.

https://www.amazon.com/4-5-30V-10Amp-Bl ... r_hp_atf_m
1962 R69s
2013 R1200GS

lord2694

Post by lord2694 »

I bought the LED build Kit and all went fine until I tried the bar end directionals. The kit included the 6V LED flasher. When wired and the turn signal switch flipped I see a faint flicker but then nothing both sides. I bought a second set of the festoon bulbs ... same thing. Is there something else I can try?