If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

professional /2 engine rebuild

terry0

professional /2 engine rebuild

Post by terry0 »

Hello, I have a '69 r69s that I have had for a few years now. The bike was in some "collection" but somewhat abandoned. With some parts and help from Benchmark (Vech), and here in the forums... but mostly Vech. I was able to get it running fairly well but still have enough issues that its time for proper help. I don't know the engine history so slinger servers and general inspection by someone who knows better needs to be done to get it to where I can ride it without being worried all the time about slingers.

Heads need rebuilt and gaskets are leaking now that its been running regularly. Its time for professional help. I dont trust myself in there.

My dream plan was to get it to Benchmark to get a full mechanical restoration, or at least engine rebuild but I unfortunately missed that boat and haven't figured out where I can get help to get this done correctly. Love my kids, but boy do they get in the way of my priorities :)

Looking for any references to a shop or individual who can sort out motor & transmission so they are good for another 20+ years. Im in central Texas between Austin/SanAntonio but realize Ill probably need to take it out of state. Not opposed to pulling the motor and shipping but will likely drag it there myself.

thanks
Terry

schrader7032

Re: professional /2 engine rebuild

Post by schrader7032 »

We know that all inventory for Bench Mark Works was taken over by Max BMW. I will let Vech speak to their abilities to overhaul a /2 engine.

From my '69 R69S, I "dragged" the engine minus the outside stuff to Dave Clark's shop in Pacific, MO. His shop is Endeavor BMW. Dave cut his teeth on /2 bikes back in the day and does good work. That would be my recommendation.

https://www.abcbmw.com/
Kurt in S.A.
'78 R100/7 '69 R69S '52 R25/2
Fast. Neat. Average. Friendly. Good. Good.

dellatorre6708

Post by dellatorre6708 »

Where are you located?
Frank.
NYC.
Frank,
NYC

jimstravlin

Post by jimstravlin »

Try Glenn at The Beemer Barn in Johnson Creek NY... Glenn and I have restored over 25 old BMW bikes and countless vintage BMW engines... Jim.... www.airheadrestorations.com