If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

Newbie Mirror and Throttle Question

SawyersBMW

Newbie Mirror and Throttle Question

Post by SawyersBMW »

Hi all, it appears that my headlight mounted mirrors are mounted in an upward direction. These should be mounted angled downward correct? I loosened the right side one, after about an inch plus threads it seemed to just keep coming out. Than I am thinking is there a retained threaded mount inside the headlight bucket or is it a loose nut. I dont' want to open up the bucket yet if not needed.

I did buy all the bits to add Hella turn signals to the ends of the bars but will wait until after the holidays. Than I will tackle any other issues inside there.

Also any info on this throttle? It has this extra area that is really nice for holding the throttle on with the heel of my hand, first I saw this. And is this able to have the end cut open for a turn signal?

TIA,

Terry
Attachments
DSC05491.JPG
DSC05490.JPG
1966 R60/2 with Steib Sidecar
1954 Harley Davidson KH Since 1995

schrader7032

Re: Newbie Mirror and Throttle Question

Post by schrader7032 »

As for the mirrors, I would swap them left to right. Your eyesight is over the bars to the mirror, and the reflection is to the rear but under the bars.

Those hand grips are aftermarket. Not sure you can just cut a hole in the end of the grip. Others will know, but I think the throttle tube must be changed to work with the Hella lights. Mine have a cutout in the tube to help locate the lights.
Kurt in S.A.
'78 R100/7 '69 R69S '52 R25/2
Fast. Neat. Average. Friendly. Good. Good.