If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

Thank You Vech & Richard

schrader7032

Re: Thank You Vech & Richard

Post by schrader7032 »

I've seen a big write up before about Vech and how he got into Vintage BMWs. Might be in a back issue of our magazine or maybe it was in the VMCA magazines. Might have been up on the wall in his shop...it was published somewhere. Maybe it was the local paper in Starkville. This might be along the lines:

https://www.djournal.com/news/sturgis-m ... 3492f.html

https://www.wcbi.com/video-hidden-treas ... le-museum/

From his website:

http://www.benchmarkworks.com/aboutus/vech.html
Kurt in S.A.
'78 R100/7 '69 R69S '52 R25/2
Fast. Neat. Average. Friendly. Good. Good.

Flx48

Post by Flx48 »

Likewise-
Thanks to Vech, and to Richard, for their help as well as interesting conversation through the years!

As for Vech's little tidbit re: Richard possibly becoming a remote member of MAXBMW; well, we can only hope Max will choose to make it worth Richard's while.
Back when Rusty retired (1 or 2 years ago?) from Max's parts department, parts service for the older bikes took a bit of a hit, and so Max must know it would be worthwhile to keep Richard's expertise in the game a while longer.

And if they do have teething issues for a bit, remember there's also Mike Benoit at vintagebeemerparts.com; he's good with email/phone/text orders, generally manages to get parts shipped out same or next day, also located in the NE.
Best-
George

jimstravlin

Post by jimstravlin »

I have been working on old BMW bikes for 35+ years I don't think there are many topics that Vech and Richard and I have not shared in the area of the post war BMW bikes. I have even had the pleasure of bringing things to their attention that was new to them and that really surprised me. They have helped me out of many jambs with their kind and never ending attention to my problems and issues. When I started Airheadrestorations.com they were my "GoTo" guys for advice and parts and have remained that all these years. I can not begin to thank them for all their help support for these many years.

Passing the torch to the next generation is so very important and you did the right thing. MAX BMW will do the right thing for all of us, and yes it will be different, but isn't that why we are in this. Thanks again for the memories...

vechorik1373

Post by vechorik1373 »

Guys,

Thanks to everyone for the kind words concerning our help and service through the years to everybody and anybody that had a problem, or needed parts, or simply did not understand how to fix something that was wrong..

I am 70 now, and I have been tied to this desk, and phone 5 days a week for almost 25 years. I really did not want to literally die in my chair, at work.... Not that there is anything wrong with me, as far as I know.

I will continue to to be the Technical Advisor (or whatever title you want to stick on me) to everyone, and help any way I can giving out info learned from my mechanical experience working on BMW's, and being a parts man for all these years.

After the dust settles, and the weather warms up, I will be able to actually ride some of my bikes again!

I have been asked many times over the years what my favorite bike is that I like to ride in my collection.
Here it is! My 1936 R17. For a pre war BMW, it hauls ass! It will run right at 100 mph wide open!
Of course, it does not have the brakes to be doing that, but I know first hand, that it will!
R17.png
Vech
Technical Adviser, Former owner, Bench Mark Works
662 312 2838 cell 9 am to 4pm CST PLEASE!

schrader7032

Post by schrader7032 »

Kurt in S.A.
'78 R100/7 '69 R69S '52 R25/2
Fast. Neat. Average. Friendly. Good. Good.

john.b.watts

Post by john.b.watts »

With retirement, why not take a trip around the U.S.A. to visit the folks you have helped over the years? My house has a nice view and a great guest room - why not? You'd be bunking from house to house and lavished upon - what could be better?

And thanks, my '60 R69 restoration would never have been so satisfying or thorough without these fine gentlemen and the women who stand with them.

masonwhite

Post by masonwhite »

Bumping this amazing thread.