If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

Steib trim

R60SS

Steib trim

Post by R60SS »

I recently acquired an S500 Steib.
It is missing one of the long trim pieces which radiate from the front badge.
I have learned that the replacement trim is attached with t bolts.
My car has welded t shaped pieces which engage the trim.
Questions:
Does anyone know if the replacement type will fit on my original mount?
Does anyone know of a source for the original type trim?
Does anyone have one piece of the original (medium length) in good condition that they would sell?

Thanks.
Patrick

Flx48

Re: Steib trim

Post by Flx48 »

Patrick- I used Ideal, located in Berlin, back when I was refurbishing my Spezial; they seemed to have most everything, including Steib repop sidecars, which I believe they have made in Poland. (probably for the intact old world skills, and low cost labor)
I was mostly replacing the rotted rubber bits and the pet destroyed upholstery, but they also were able to supply rebuild parts for the master and slave cylinders.

info@ideal-seitenwagen.eu

Stefan (an owner, I think) was who I dealt with, very knowledgeable, and his English was perhaps better than mine; however this information is several decades old at this point.
I've tried various stateside suppliers in more recent years; but even though they advertise having sc parts, I've found their knowledge base to be uninspiring.

And of course the usual European BMW parts dealers carry at least some sc parts; google will bring up a list of them.
Best-
George

Flx48

Post by Flx48 »

Forgot to say-
Go to the web page,

ideal-seitenwagen.eu

and click on "downloads" and then "Steib Seitenwagen Ersatzteile" picture to view the catalog pdf.

Best-
George

dosgatos

Post by dosgatos »

Vech at Benchmark Works sells a 2 meter length for $56.35 - part #S500z6. He also sells the little T-bolts.