If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

How do I make my solo saddle look new again ?

palica

Re: How do I make my solo saddle look new again ?

Post by palica »

Grant R26 wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:24 pm
Armour All in the pump spray bottles does look terrific but I don't like any aerosol droplets with silicone floating around my shop as is plays havoc with any finish work..fisheyes can be a nightmare.
I never spray it directly on the saddle but on a rag and then apply it to the saddle. Big avantage: easy to find, easy to buy, efficient and cheap. But I see you found another product which will make the job.
BTW, I have been using ACF50 for years and it is very efficient. Now, I use Rust Check. There are 2 products: the green and the red. The red is liquid and is almost identical to ACF50, and it gives me equal results. The green is more like a grease and will stay much longer on certain surface like the underneath of a sidecar, or the mudguards. Both can be purchased - again- at Canadian Tire which is easy for me.
1967 R50/2 with Duna sidecar
1974 R90S

huntmiller

Post by huntmiller »

Grant,
About ACF-50 will it harm paint? Is there any place you would avoid on your MC? This seems like a great product to winter-over.
Hunt
1965 R69s w/Wixom fairings and bags
1979 R65 w/Siebenrock 860cc, Luftmeister fairing

palica

Post by palica »

You can spray ACF50 on everything. I would just avoir the saddle (you would have to clean it) and beware of the brakes: do not spray the discs of course, and do not spray too much the drums. The clutch disk is protected and should not be an issue. ACF is safe on electric connections, paint, rubber, plastics, all metal etc... Spray it and leave it on the bike.
1967 R50/2 with Duna sidecar
1974 R90S