If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

6V Mini Air Pump

jnclem

6V Mini Air Pump

Post by jnclem »

Has anyone ever found a 6V pump to carry on the road. I keep a 12V one on each of my other bikes. They work great. But I haven't been able to source one for this bike ('58 R60).

Also, has anyone ever found the proper size replacement leather for the hand pump that came with the bike? It looks like it would be about 22 or 23 mm, but none of the silca pump leathers that I can find are anywhere near that size.

jnclem

Re: 6V Mini Air Pump

Post by jnclem »

Sorry, this was supposed to go in the Vintage section. Maybe an admin can move it.

palica

Post by palica »

I am using this type of high tech model which works great, even if my battery is dead. :mrgreen:

The original one delivered with the bike works well too.
C2FBA3E4-7E39-48CF-B1A2-7716C6460D55.jpeg
1967 R50/2 with Duna sidecar
1974 R90S

jwonder

Post by jwonder »

Hello,

I have not seen a 6 volt electric air pump on the market, but I did buy all the parts for my original airpump from Uli's when I was ordering other parts and to be honest they are sitting in my parts bin because I also purchased a new pump that works wonderfully. The price of the new pump is very low as well.

Also, I did have a slow-leak puncture on my R51/3 and I did need to use the pump 3 times to pump the tire (front) up to get home and I can tell you that it worked fabulously!!!! I was shocked it worked, but it does what is needed. When I got home I checked the PSI and I was still about 24psi which was good enough to ride on.

https://www.ulismotorradladen.de/search ... h=air+pump

If your not ordering anything from Uli's anytime soon, call Vech at Benchmark and ask or call Michael at https://vintagebmwparts.com/.
James Wonder
Vice President, Vintage BMW Motorcycle Owners
2022 BMW Friend Of the Marque
Long Island, New York