If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

Mzb power dynamo issues

jwonder

Re: Mzb power dynamo issues

Post by jwonder »

Michael,

For the R 27 I found the smallest battery possible to fit in the space. I ordered so many batteries lately that I think its the 4B-BS battery that I used in the R 27 with the VAPE. I use the ML5-12 in my R 69 S with the VAPE unit.

I hope this helps.
James Wonder
Vice President, Vintage BMW Motorcycle Owners
2022 BMW Friend Of the Marque
Long Island, New York

Michaelbc

Post by Michaelbc »

Thank you. My installation instructions say * Important! Avoid prolongation of the green wire between advance unit and ignition coil. This may lead to ignition trouble. I assume they mean don't extend that wire yet they suggest putting the new coil where the old one was and the advance unit in the battery case. Merry Christmas, by the way!

jwonder

Post by jwonder »

Michael,

I did not extend the green wire, which is the coil trigger wire. I think it was just long enough and thinking back I think I might have trimmed it. The biggest issue is not to run the green wire parallel to the HT output from the coil or even with any power source (IMHO). What I did do is run the green wire in its on sheathing to the coil.

Now, if you don't tell the judges at events, I mounted my coil under the tank and hollowed out an old coil to make it look like the plug wire was coming from the original coil. All the control boxes are in the left battery tray which is why I have a small battery. I wanted to hide everything to make it look 100% while having a better ignition. You would NEVER know the Vape is in the R 27 even if you looked for it (without taking the left cover off).

I have the R 27 with the Vape, and my Border patrol R 27 without the Vape and I will tell you that the Vape unit makes a TON of difference in the motor! They are 100% different in the engine responsiveness and the power!
James Wonder
Vice President, Vintage BMW Motorcycle Owners
2022 BMW Friend Of the Marque
Long Island, New York

Michaelbc

Post by Michaelbc »

You are being most patient, thank you.