If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

Body Shop Recommendations in Pacific Northwest?

jtaylor

Body Shop Recommendations in Pacific Northwest?

Post by jtaylor »

Greetings all,

I'm a newly arrived greenhorn to the VBMWMO, although I have been a member of the BMWMOA for some time (having owned a relatively contemporary R1200GS). Through enormous kindness and generosity of a friend I have become the owner of a very nice R69S with Steib sidecar, having previously lost all my possessions, including motorcycles, in the CA wildfires back in 2017.

Since I have now moved to the Pacific Northwest, I was wondering if anyone could recommend a body repair shop in this area of the country. The Steib has a sizable dent on the nose that needs to be pulled out and repainted, so if anyone has any shops they could refer me to (or alternatively, ones to avoid) I would be very grateful for your input. I am certainly willing to drive up to a few hours away for a reputable location.

Many thanks in advance!
Jeff

skyler.robbins

Welcome... There's a BMW

Post by skyler.robbins »

Welcome...
There's a BMW repair shop in Olympia that has a great reputation... he might be able to direct you to someone up your way.
Good luck

schrader7032

Shail's BMW is in Vancouver,

Post by schrader7032 »

Shail's BMW is in Vancouver, Canada.
Kurt in S.A.
'78 R100/7 '69 R69S '52 R25/2
Fast. Neat. Average. Friendly. Good. Good.

jtaylor

Thanks!

Post by jtaylor »

Thanks to both of you for your input.

Cheers!
Jeff

dosgatos

I don't know where you are

Post by dosgatos »

I don't know where you are located in the Pacific Northwest, but I do have a good recommendation for you. The gentleman lives near Medford, Oregon, and works out of a shop on his rural property, only a few miles from I-5. In the past four years he has done bodywork and paint on my 1953 R25/3, a 1967 R60/2 (see pic with Bender sidecar), and is currently working on my Steib LS200. The Steib has numerous dents in body and fender, needs about a dozen holes repaired, and in particular has been bashed in the rear a number of times. He does excellent work at reasonable prices. If this might work for you contact me here.
Attachments
may_r25_4.jpg
may_r25_4.jpg (778.91 KiB) Viewed 1912 times
red_interior_1.jpg
red_interior_1.jpg (1017.57 KiB) Viewed 1912 times

acerynes

Lacey

Post by acerynes »

A guy that has always helped me with my '39 r12, 64 r69s is Kevin Brooks. He has a guy that he works closely with that does wonders with these bikes.

jtaylor

Thanks for these suggestions,

Post by jtaylor »

Thanks for these suggestions, too...I'm in the process now of getting the sidecar off the frame, and then I'll start shopping around in the Puget Sound area where I live.
Jeff