If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

Badges?! We don't need no stinking badges!

The Plunger

Badges?! We don't need no stinking badges!

Post by The Plunger »

Yes I do!
Finally got my BMW badges on. These are 70mm R12 style repops from "Oldtimers" I had to fudge out the holes just a tad for the M4 screws to fit the Hoske "keg".

Brian
Attachments
badge.jpg
badge.jpg (115.78 KiB) Viewed 1273 times
Brian
59-69

majormajor22

Keg

Post by majormajor22 »

Great looking Hoske I mean Keg! Now you can go coast to coast with just two fuel stops. I had to get creative when mounting badges my Hoske.
Attachments
img_4717.jpg
img_4717.jpg (481.41 KiB) Viewed 1273 times

The Plunger

Nice!

Post by The Plunger »

Looks expensive though, and that lid! It makes me wonder what Hoske was thinking by putting threads in that didn't match current badging. I'd like to find copper M4 screws to match the badge but I think that is only a dream. Do you ever fill it? I'm afraid with that much weight up high it would make for some squirrelly handling.

Brian
Brian
59-69

majormajor22

Hoske badge

Post by majormajor22 »

My badge on the tank is made for m2 or m2.5 diameter bolt and I had no edge distance to open it up for the tank threads. I made some threaded inserts to go in the tank mounting holes, thankfully it worked! I do fill it as I was relieved to find out it holds 6.5 gallons so it's not to bad. Yes it looks expensive, it was! My thought was I may never have the opportunity to restore another plunger frame so I did it right for me anyway. Thanks to Bob Wark/paint and Jim Farr for pinstripe and art work. What size is your Hoske it does look larger?
Jim