If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

Motorcycle shipping.

jwonder

Motorcycle shipping.

Post by jwonder »

Hey all,

I just made a deal on a R69S but need to ship it across country. I was wondering what shipping vendor the forum members like. There are so many online it’s dizzying.

Thanks!!

James.
James Wonder
Vice President, Vintage BMW Motorcycle Owners
2022 BMW Friend Of the Marque
Long Island, New York

caker

Hello James, Congrats! I can

Post by caker »

Hello James,

Congrats!

I can recommend Heritage Motorcycle Shipping. Mary Lou is great and they partner only with STI. I've done maybe a dozen bikes stateside with them over the past 7 or 8 years.

-Chris

The Plunger

Shipping

Post by The Plunger »

James,
I just had my bike shipped from San Diego to Des Moines and used Haul Bikes. Cost was about $800. I had a little communication problem with the driver and missed the delivery. He went on his merry way so I had to pay another $250 for a missed delivery! It took an additional five weeks to get my bike. Not happy. I tried to get the extra charge back but no luck. Regardless of who you use, read the fine print in the contract to ferret out the penalties and such.
Brian
Brian
59-69

lauffer6996

Intercity

Post by lauffer6996 »

I used Intercity a few years ago and was very pleased with the service!

bpw

Haulbikes

Post by bpw »

James,
I just had my bike shipped from San Diego to Des Moines and used Haul Bikes. Cost was about $800. I had a little communication problem with the driver and missed the delivery. He went on his merry way so I had to pay another $250 for a missed delivery! It took an additional five weeks to get my bike. Not happy. I tried to get the extra charge back but no luck. Regardless of who you use, read the fine print in the contract to ferret out the penalties and such.
Brian

I shipped two bike (R60/2 and a Honda 350) cross country with them a couple years ago and had a very good experience.
1963 r50/2 with 600cc conversion, 1971 Honda CL350, 1935 BSA 250cc, 2004 Ducati Multistrada, 2000 Aprilia RSV mille R, Kawasaki w650

FL54

I've also used Haul Bikes on

Post by FL54 »

I've also used Haul Bikes on two occasions with good results. I suppose it depends a lot on the driver. He couldn't deliver to my house because of sharp turns into my road but called as arranged and helped me load bike into my trailer.
Central Oregon

jwonder

My new baby is home!

Post by jwonder »

I went with Heritage shippers who contracts with STI and they did a very good job. Not sure if I could have went with STI directly but it all worked out in the end. The R69S is already 75% apart and getting worked on.

My only issue was with the driver that dropped it off. He had a bad attitude but did the job so it’s not too much of a gripe.

Thanks to everyone for the advice.

James
James Wonder
Vice President, Vintage BMW Motorcycle Owners
2022 BMW Friend Of the Marque
Long Island, New York