If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

LED FOR PARK AND BRAKE LIGHT FOR SADDLE BAGS TOO

oldtimers.si

Saddlebag lights

Post by oldtimers.si »

Repost :

Thanks for your idear on the resistor for bag blights
I now have my bags lights working well for tail/brake and directional with a dual led bulb
No need for a diode as the dual led 1157 led is wired in series as showing
In this design the tailight also must be a led bulb so the resistor doesn't have to share current with the old bulb
I am using a 1157 led bulb but not using one side so I didn't have to change the orignial socket
It is so easy!!
The resistor is mounted in the tailight assy not behind the terminal board as it is difficult to do and can be changed to adjust to a different led
With my bulb I found 120 ohms 1/2 watt worked well (7 volts for tailight) then 12 volts for brake light
The low side of led bulb is used for the tail/brake
So with tailight on and brake light on the brake light is brighter than the tail like ( you idear with the resistor) !! single led bulb
The high (bright) side on the led bulb is used for he r/l dircetional so even when the brake is on that side still is brighter than the brake and tail when on and you can still see it flash

Tommy

Attachments
dsc04443_large.jpg
dsc04443_large.jpg (266.35 KiB) Viewed 851 times

wa1nca

Led bag lights

Post by wa1nca »

Repost :

Thanks for your idear on the resistor for bag blights
I now have my bags lights working well for tail/brake and directional with a dual led bulb
No need for a diode as the dual led 1157 led is wired in series as showing
In this design the tailight also must be a led bulb so the resistor doesn't have to share current with the old bulb
I am using a 1157 led bulb but not using one side so I didn't have to change the orignial socket
It is so easy!!
The resistor is mounted in the tailight assy not behind the terminal board as it is difficult to do and can be changed to adjust to a different led
With my bulb I found 120 ohms 1/2 watt worked well (7 volts for tailight) then 12 volts for brake light
The low side of led bulb is used for the tail/brake
So with tailight on and brake light on the brake light is brighter than the tail like ( you idear with the resistor) !! single led bulb
The high (bright) side on the led bulb is used for he r/l dircetional so even when the brake is on that side still is brighter than the brake and tail when on and you can still see it flash

Thanks Mec for posting my wiring diagram

I want to make a short video to show how well this works
But I can't upload most pics and certainly a short video

Let me know if anyone is interested

I then can forward to a 3rd party that can post pic's

Tommy
Tommy Byrnes
54 R51/3, 55 R50/Velorex 560 sidecar, 64 R27, 68 R69US, 75 R75/6
Ashfield, Ma
USA