If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

Roller Rockers for /2

1967 R502

STwilliams- Your drawing is

Post by 1967 R502 »

STwilliams-

Your drawing is dated 1962. Pretty cool. How did you come by it?

stwilliams

Luck....is how I came by the

Post by stwilliams »

Luck....is how I came by the drawing.

Roller rockers are not practical for a worthy of the expense for a pedestrian R50 or R60. I have a few friends in Germany racing short stroke R50's, although I doubt any of them are running rollers either. Requires a completely new forging to construct. Nobody would go through the time and expense.

1967 R502

Yes. I agree it would be a

Post by 1967 R502 »

Yes. I agree it would be a lot of effort ot make a forging, but in this day of C&C, doing a small run or even one offs is relatively easy. This may be my next line of research,

As pointed out earlier in the post, San Jose use to offere roller rockers for /5+ airheads....so at least someone has thought along these lines and a /5's rocker arms are not dramatically different from a /2.

stwilliams

More power to you

Post by stwilliams »

Its a deep and dark rabbit hole to go down.....

First off you need a forging, unless you plan to make from a steel billet. Then you need the right material. Then you have to have machine to the correct size and dimensions, which by the way, there will be no drawing for. You have to harden it. Then you also need to fabricate the roller itself and find needle bearings, etc, etc.

Not worth the time and energy I can assure you. Would cost thousands of dollars in time, energy, expense, etc.