If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

1959 R60

schrader7032

I don't see "Choose file"

Post by schrader7032 »

I don't see "Choose file" below the message box. I click on the "Browse" button to open up a standard Windows search box to find the image that I want to upload.
Kurt in S.A.
'78 R100/7 '69 R69S '52 R25/2
Fast. Neat. Average. Friendly. Good. Good.

wa1nca

My Selfie

Post by wa1nca »

Click on "Choose file" and it should open your directory so that you can select the picture(s) you want to upload. Works for me. Here's my selfie:

Nice shot of you
Here's my selfie

Tommy
Attachments
dsc02148.jpg
dsc02148.jpg (1.77 MiB) Viewed 2453 times
Tommy Byrnes
54 R51/3, 55 R50/Velorex 560 sidecar, 64 R27, 68 R69US, 75 R75/6
Ashfield, Ma
USA

miller6997

That's odd..

Post by miller6997 »

On my browser (Chrome), there is a black-bordered box just below the text-entry box that's labeled "attach files to this comment," and inside that box there is an option labeled "Choose File." Alongside that option, to the right, there is a "no file chosen" tag, which I just ignore.

[I just checked, and I see that on Firefox the option is "Browse" (as Kurt noted), rather than "Choose File."]
Jon Miller
'67 R69S
'13 F800GT
Altadena, California

kfelt

Another try

Post by kfelt »

Another try

kfelt

R69

Post by kfelt »

Click on "Choose file" and it should open your directory so that you can select the picture(s) you want to upload. Works for me. Here's my selfie:
Does not work for me. Have no problem on other vintage bike forums adding pics.

schrader7032

kfelt - What OS, what

Post by schrader7032 »

kfelt -

What OS, what browser?
Kurt in S.A.

Gossamer

I've been working at this for 6 months

Post by Gossamer »

Haven't gotten it yet because I'm having to rely on other people to dig it out of the hell hole of their back garage where the pictures were taken 20 miles to my Uncles' house where I drive 120 miles each way to retrieve it.

I've been trying to attain it for better part of 2 decades.

However, after the recent passing(6 months) of an Uncle(the garage where it currently is) it came up. My remaining Aunt and my Dad have convinced my Uncle(the current owner,childless) to release it to me, allow me to use my skills to restore it.

But the two boys(cousins) who have to haul it aren't exactly what you'd call stellar members of society. My Aunt(where bike is currently) will not allow me to pickup directly from her house(family feud for decades).

This is cribnote version of the background stuff.

However I'm committed and dedicated to getting it and hopefully restoring it, framing the license plates and presenting the bike to original owner(yes he's owned this bike since brand new) and is 84 and in poor health and my Dad who's 82, get some great family photos to mix in with the early photos etc.

It'a passion not an investment and hoping it's something to hand down to my son who turned 16th just this last Thursday as a family heirloom/historical piece. I'd be happy to just be able to get the license plates stacked up and frame them and present them.

Oh well, I'm trying.

I'm also sending you a private message, I'd love to see the pictures so you can email me directly.

I absolutely plan to share many pictures of her restoration, ask hundreds of questions for advice and technical information and ultimately to restore her to a roadworthy, if not near showroom condition. I'm 49 myself, so I'm no spring chicken either, but I feel like I'm under the gun to get this done ASAP before another one of my Dad's generation passes.

kfelt

If you are talking to me

Post by kfelt »

If you are talking to me Gossamer, I would be happy to send you pics. Keith

kfelt

R69

Post by kfelt »

kfelt -

What OS, what browser?
Schrader, sorry, what is OS? I just click the "Choose File" box under where it says "attach files to this comment". My photos on my computer are then displayed and I pick one or more. Looks like it is uploading but then nothing. Jeez, should be easy...

schrader7032

Sorry...shorthand for

Post by schrader7032 »

Sorry...shorthand for Operating System. Are you Windows or Mac? You said above:
I just click the "Choose File" box under where it says "attach files to this comment".
So, I'm running Windows 10 with the Edge browser. I do have the box that has at the top "Attach files to this comment". But no where in that box does it says "Choose File". I do have the box that says "Browse...". Clicking that opens the standard screen in Windows which lets me browse my local computer to find the picture that I want to attach.

I'm just trying to put myself in your shoes in front of your computer. I'm not the best IT person in the world, but for all I know, I see no reason why one person can upload pictures but another person can't.
Kurt in S.A.