If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

S.Meyer - BMW Vintage Part Store

Eugene_RSA

S.Meyer - BMW Vintage Part Store

Post by Eugene_RSA »

Greetings everyone,

Can anyone describe or share experiences with purchasing from and through online store from S.Meyer?

The resource link is on the Forums link page and can be found here as well:

http://www.meyer-bikes.de/index.php?pag ... &path=home

Please can anyone reply with feedback on their experiences?

Kind regards - Eugene_RSA

capebretonmarkbmw

They are real good!!!!

Post by capebretonmarkbmw »

Hi, They are real good to deal with. Talk to Uwe he speaks English if you don't speak German. I buy from them mainly.
They ship as fast as possible . I give them 10 out of 10 !

caker

Use Huggett or Vech

Post by caker »

I used them early on for /2 and /3 stuff, and they were OK. I have concluded it makes little sense to buy from S.Meyer when the parts are MADE by Huggett anyway, and you can just order straight from them without a middleman.

Vech also sells all of Huggett's parts (and many others), and despite a slight markup over Huggett's publicly advertised prices. I'm fine paying a little more to use a distributor in the same country as myself and because Vech and team often go above and beyond with tech support, customer service, etc.

http://bmwbike.com/ <-- Huggett in Switzerland

http://www.benchmarkworks.com/ <-- Vech in Mississippi

-Chris

capebretonmarkbmw

I agree with Chris !

Post by capebretonmarkbmw »

Hi, I agree with Chris when you live in the USA. You want to have your supplier go the extra mile and from all the talk of this forum Vech is #1. I'm in Canada and really don't want to pay for the duty twice and found Uwe a nice guy that takes the time to make sure the parts are right and has always backed up his products. I purchased a re-conditioned set of heads and they were nicely done. For me as well it takes the same amount of time coming from both suppliers. Mark

Iron Horse

Meier is generally a good supplier

Post by Iron Horse »

I have purchased several items from Meier and was happy with most parts. Meier ships quickly and has reasonable shipping rates. Many of the parts were from Huggett as well. I did get some seals that did not fit (clutch piston seal, push rod felt). In my experience the first stop is the BMW dealer, they can order many of the parts for the older machines and the parts are supplied by Huggett. Many times the BMW parts are cheaper or the same w/o shipping and carry a BMW warranty.

Having said that, a limited selection is available, so at times you have get parts from Germany or Vech. You will find that so many of the replacement parts came from the same suppliers. Look around and check prices and make sure it makes sense to order from Germany -- ask questions on the part quality before you fork the big money. On a name brand part such KS pistons, it does not matter where you get it; is the same part from any supplier.

Good luck --
Iron Horse

Eugene_RSA

Thank you for all the

Post by Eugene_RSA »

Thank you for all the feedback fellows!

I live in South Africa so guessing shipping is an expensive pill I will have to swallow.

Just for interest sake, what delivery time did it take for the items to arrive and did they arrive to your door or did you have to fetch them from a depot?

808Airhead

I have ordered from S.

Post by 808Airhead »

I have ordered from S. Meyer,and they have always been great and treated me well. Same can be said about Vech. There is also "Uwes motorradladen" (SP?) as well to consider ordering from.
Thomas M.
R69S - R60/2 - R67/2 - R51/3 - R69

malmac

I haven't ordered from Meyer,

Post by malmac »

I haven't ordered from Meyer, but I went on to their online store and found items I have been unable to get from Mark Huggett.

Being in Australia, shopping locally in USA sort of doesn't count, so I reckon look everywhere because what you need is what you need and different places might have much of the same stuff but it is the specific required item that gets the order placed.

Mal
Australia
mal - R69s
Toowoomba- Australia

c8h18

Good Experience With S.M.

Post by c8h18 »

I have had a good experience with S.M. and agree with most everything said here. I will buy from a domestic first (Vech or other) then look to S.M. if I cant find what I need. I like that they have some hard to find items i.e. screwless stainless steel clamps for the air intake to carb connection. Sometimes the roundels are on sale and a bit less expensive not to mention the high end tanks and other body parts (tins) that they keep in stock as NOS. In general they are very good.

Iron Horse

Shipping times

Post by Iron Horse »

Shipping from most of the German suppliers is one week to 10 days. Pretty fast, and Meier seems pretty reasonable for the shipping rates (Normal postal delivery). Make sure you are very clear on your parts order and ask questions send pictures etc to get the correct part and quality level you expect.
In practical terms, you need to realize it is a 'cottage' industry and I have had some quality issues with all of them, including some BMW parts .... the old OEM suppliers, process and tooling no longer make the original parts, so you get the best parts you can find.
I would say that many of the parts are not even made in Germany any longer..... but they are available and that is NICE!

Cheers --
Iron Horse