If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

What do people think of these two?

niall4473

What do people think of these two?

Post by niall4473 »

Comments are invited on these two machines, what do people think I should do with them, would anybody likely want these as is, or should I dismantle them? Old BMWs are not very well regarded in the UK and I wonder if I would get a better return for them as parts. I need to realise them as they are half my sister's and I cannot house any more bikes.
I know what they are and what is in them, I just want to gauge how desirable they might be to other BMW enthusiasts.
Thanks.
Attachments
R60'2 ISDT REP.jpg
R69S Special.jpg
Oil is always cheaper than metal

R68

Re: What do people think of these two?

Post by R68 »

For someone who wants to make the effort, there's potential there for two very interesting bitsa motorcycles. I think that's an R69 motor, a plunger twin front end with a unusual duplex brake plate and a Hoske RS tank on one, and an R60 motor with remains of an ISDT exhaust, ISDT toolbox, etc. on the other. If you remove the junk parts, still a lot to work with? I hope they just don't get parted out; someone reasonably knowedgable built them up?

R68

Post by R68 »

Is there a sidecar under the blue tarp, is this a sidecar racer, is that a racing brake plate, perhaps even a Munch?

tokgoogle

Post by tokgoogle »

R69 motor may be very durable, but I don't know the current price.

brettironbutt

Post by brettironbutt »

I am looking for an R60/2 or a R69 that I can rebuild for fun, while I ride my current bike. Are either of these for sale?

sorbo1

Post by sorbo1 »

Hi
The front brake in the cafe racer / sidecar is a Yamaha double sided twin leading brake . it was fitted standard in Yamaha 250 / 350 Production racers from 1969 to 1974 . Hope this is of some help .