If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

Vintage bmw WANTED 1925-1929

schrader7032

Post by schrader7032 »

You might try Vech at Bench Mark Works at:

http://members.aol.com/vechbmw/

He might have some ideas. I believe there is also a Bench Mark Works in Canada. You might also check there:

http://www.benchmarkworkscanada.com/index2.html

Kurt in S.A.
Kurt in S.A.
'78 R100/7 '69 R69S '52 R25/2
Fast. Neat. Average. Friendly. Good. Good.

Darryl.Richman

Post by Darryl.Richman »

If you look over on our calendar of events page, you'll see that Vech is having his 3rd vintage rally on April 6-8. There will likely be a number of very old BMWs there, and Vech himself has a number of prewar bikes. I am planning on driving my little Toyota pickup there with my 1928 R52 in the back. (But it's not for sale.)

These so-called "stecktank", or hanging tank bikes are a real view back in time. There's no twistgrip. Instead, you're constantly adjusting 3 different thumb levers. The brakes on the BMWs are excellent for the period, even if they would make /2 brakes look like modern 6 piston disk brakes in comparison. The ride is bouncy except on the smoothest roads, because of the undamped front suspension and the hardtail rear. And while 1st and 3rd gear are of the familiar constant mesh design, 2nd is not and you must feel your way into mesh. Oh and there's a neutral between 2nd and 3rd, too. It's all so weird and awkward.

Anyway, I hardly think that you have a strange quest.
--Darryl Richman

VBMWMO

Post by VBMWMO »

A strange quest, but one of the things I want to have owned and ridden before I die is a 1925-1929 BMW - now don't get me wrong, I do not have one foot in the grave - not even close, but it is very high up on my list of 100 things to do before I die. I would be interested in any and all models/options.

Thanks
Bob in Ontario
bmwbob@sympatico.ca
Dedicated to the Preservation of Classic and Antique BMW Motorcycles.