If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

is this a good deal

schrader7032

is this a good deal

Post by schrader7032 »

Looks like the coil is on backwards... I've heard of Mark Huggett selling new magnetos, or maybe that was just the coil?? Anyway, I checked his website and he shows $0.00 which probably means he's out of stock. Blue Moon Cycle in Georgia shows a repro coil for $169, a rotor for $160, and an ignition advance for $239. (Those prices are for the later /2 models.) So based on that, it looks like this might be a good deal. I've heard not-so-good things about new ignition advance units...they just don't make them like they used to!! I notice the advance unit on the ebay item is one of the older styles. The advance stop spring is the older style...they tended to break which resulted in exceeding maximum advance. But they have new style replacements. Another thing that I've heard is that the rotor should always be stored within it's keeper, as picture here. If the rotor is outside the keeper, it's possible that the magnetic field can diminish. There are only a few people who say they can reflux the magnet.

Kurt in S.A.
Kurt in S.A.
'78 R100/7 '69 R69S '52 R25/2
Fast. Neat. Average. Friendly. Good. Good.

trainedkiller

is this a good deal

Post by trainedkiller »

thanks for the fast reply. i also noticed that the guy on there has a few other items of interest.

I will properly introduce myself later... but for now thanks for saving me some money!!

fapping

cheap prices

Post by fapping »

VBMWMO

is this a good deal

Post by VBMWMO »

Dedicated to the Preservation of Classic and Antique BMW Motorcycles.