If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

Magneto refurb UK

Graeme G

Magneto refurb UK

Post by Graeme G »

Hi can anyone recommend somebody in the UK to completely refurb a Bosch D2B in the UK ? Cheers Graeme

Bigsieuk

Magneto refurb

Post by Bigsieuk »

Graeme,

I tried a UK source one time and was disappointed with the service I got. Unless anyone knows of one they can recommend?

Though the cost of postage to Germany will be a bit more cost, both of mine went to BMZ in Germany.

http://oldtimerelektrik.org/

Expensive but better than paying out twice.

John

spider rust

Mag restoration.

Post by spider rust »

Try asking the Vintage Sports/Car Club of the UK. I am sure they will know several sources.
I had my Bosch D2B done by a German Engineer, there is quite a bit to the process.

Graeme G

Thanks lads

Post by Graeme G »

Thanks lads

Ian R11

I’ve had one rewound with new

Post by Ian R11 »

I’ve had one rewound with new condenser in the UK. Ribblesdale Auto Electrical in Preston. They did a good job on that part of the mag but couldn’t source new bearings, needless to say two years later the bearings started to fail. I sent it to BMZ Magnetzünder as link above and they sorted it. The bearings are shimmed, insulated from the case and need special grease so I thought best left to the experts. They also fitted a new dynamo armature in another and while it can take a while the job is good. I will go straight to them next time.

C.K

I recommend Bill Brown from

Post by C.K »

I recommend Bill Brown from Brightspark Magnetos Ltd.
www.brightsparkmagnetos.com