If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

Bosch JN7 Rucklicht

R68

Yup, an interesting piece...

Post by R68 »

...and the stories it could tell? I think it originally civilian black repainted, using M5 round head mounting screws that are original, same as steering head machine screws, a homemade blackout modification (piece of tape over the lens!), stenciled plate numbers...looks pretty much like the quality reproductions though???...also, that's a lot of big macs for that item, I think?

spider rust

Bosch JN7 Rucklicht

Post by spider rust »

This fabulous piece of history turned up on ebay Deutschland, I was the losing bidder!
Whats interesting about it is how far off the copies are from the original.
The lense is marked with the Bosch Trademark, the screws are round head not counter sunk, the case has the Bosch Trademark .
Also note the interesting field black out treatment of the lense, and the number plate reinforcing strip.

There is one new JN7 now on ebay, the lense looks correct but the case is not.
Then another with correct case.
Possibly one good copy could be made with the case and lense combined from both lights.
I think I'll try that.

I hope the buyer leaves it as is.

I have posted 2 more images, showing an original JN7. ALSO THE NUMBER PLATE IS NOT STENCILED.
Although stencils were used.

Probably after posting these photos well see some good copies coming up on ebay, unfortunately?
Attachments
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg (393.32 KiB) Viewed 1619 times
s-l1600_3.jpg
s-l1600_3.jpg (365.22 KiB) Viewed 1619 times
bosch_egg_shape_tail_light..gif
bosch_egg_shape_tail_light..gif (72.24 KiB) Viewed 1619 times
10.jpg
10.jpg (197.14 KiB) Viewed 1619 times
2.jpg
2.jpg (206.98 KiB) Viewed 1619 times
3.jpg
3.jpg (202.21 KiB) Viewed 1619 times
8.jpg
8.jpg (963.97 KiB) Viewed 1619 times
1.jpg
1.jpg (190.46 KiB) Viewed 1619 times

spider rust

Bosch JN7 Rucklicht

Post by spider rust »

Well if its a copy, I'd like one please. The copies are not in this combination, read my original post.
Also the screws are period correct for this light.
As prev said, 2 copies exist, one with the case stamped Bosch Germany, no logo, but with correct lense and screws, the other with correct case stamps and wrong screws. Also this light had the correct inside parts, and number plate illumination lense spot riveted in place it was 100% original.

Post some fake photos, I'd like to see them?