If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

Correct wiring connectors for pre-war BMW bikes

Topfmine

Correct wiring connectors for pre-war BMW bikes

Post by Topfmine »

Had a look at my friends R 12 BMW bike that has been tinkered and abused over the years with an assortment of mods, wiring, bolt, nuts, screws that are clearly not original. a lot of work and sorting out needs to be done. What is the correct wiring connectors for these bike of that era. i have an a assortment of spade connectors plastic blocks etc which are not right.

KillerTux

What section of wiring are

Post by KillerTux »

What section of wiring are you working on? Most wires will go to a brass terminal eyelet and will be fastened down by a small screw. Those style terminals are in the headlight bucket, tailight, horn, generator.

Topfmine

Looks like there's a lot of

Post by Topfmine »

Looks like there's a lot of sorting out to be done. If i need to make a wire to wire join what would be the correct period connector for BMWs.

speight1823

Pre war Electrics

Post by speight1823 »

Would this be of any help?
Bill
Attachments
bosch_manual.pdf
(4.03 MiB) Downloaded 60 times

Topfmine

Thanks for the manual pdf,

Post by Topfmine »

Thanks for the manual pdf, very useful. Just wondering what I could use as a jointer connector in case one is needed that looks the period for the bike.

Bruce Frey

Since all the wiring on a

Post by Bruce Frey »

Since all the wiring on a motorcycle is short, it is all point to point without splices or connectors. If are trying to do something like hardwire sidecar lights without using a plug, I would use whatever modern connector you want, but hide it under the tank.

I have a Bosch Catalog that shows their entire auto and motorcycle product line. I'll look through it for connectors, but it will be a week or so before I can do it.

Bruce