If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

Veterama Photos

schrader7032

Veterama Photos

Post by schrader7032 »

Is there a way to get past the sign in page??

Kurt in S.A.
Kurt in S.A.
'78 R100/7 '69 R69S '52 R25/2
Fast. Neat. Average. Friendly. Good. Good.

Bruce Frey

Veterama Photos

Post by Bruce Frey »

It is a public folder so access SHOULD not be a problem. It is also posted on the /2 and other Yahoo Groups.

Try copying the URL directly to your browser and/or try truncating the URL back to bruce_frey

Best regards,

Bruce

Darryl.Richman

Veterama Photos

Post by Darryl.Richman »

Bruce,your photos make me really sad that I couldn't attend Veterama. In particular, the photo of the rolling chassis for a stecktank bike, really has me interested, as I have an R62 drivetrain... You didn't happen to get any information about that bike, did you?
--Darryl Richman

Bruce Frey

Stecktank Frame

Post by Bruce Frey »

I thought that might get your attention and I thought of you when I saw it! I THINK it is ALL repop, but the fellow at the both was not the owner and language was a problem.

Konrad Jankowski

On eBay.de he is ko-ja-ko
http://search.ebay.de/_W0QQsassZko-ja-koQQhtZ-1[url]

I have his card at home, but you can contact him via eBay.

He also seems to have everything (I did not see pistons or pushrods, however) needed to turn your R12 into an R17.

How is your R52 project?

ciao,

Bruce

Darryl.Richman

Veterama Photos

Post by Darryl.Richman »

I have seen his name on ebay before. I wonder if it's the same stuff that Oldtimer Garage offers. He has fenders and repop frames. But a fork might eventually be a sticking point and so this is useful to know...

BTW, pistons, rings and valves are apparently not a problem. Deeper stuff is expensive but apparently doable.

My R52 seems to have passed a TUV inspection while I'm up here in Copenhagen. (My friend in Karlsruhe took it in.) On Monday I go in to get a voll abnahme for it, which will allow me to ride it with a real German plate for the next couple weeks. It will make a nice souvenir after that.
--Darryl Richman

Bruce Frey

Vetarama parts

Post by Bruce Frey »

Congratulations on the TUV.

I think their product lines overlap. It is reasonably certain that they use the same sources for some things (like R17 heads) and different sources for others. There are at least three or four different versions of the JN5 tail light reproductions among the vendors.

There might be a little collusion between Veterama vendors because I think I detected that there were fewer people selling the same repops this time. October may give more indication.

There are repop forks although I don't know enough about them to comment on how good they are. I am conversant about R5-71 and learning about my R12, but I have not been bitten by the stecktank bug (yet).

best regards,

Bruce

VBMWMO

Veterama Photos

Post by VBMWMO »

Photos from the recent Veterama can be seen at:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/bruce_fre ... b12re2[url]

ciao,

Bruce
Dedicated to the Preservation of Classic and Antique BMW Motorcycles.