If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

22nd Annual Antique and Classic M/C Show & Swap-Phoenix,

aznvrd

John in Flagstaff

Post by aznvrd »

I'm printing the pictures of the Motorsport R100S and will have them for you at the show. If you can't make it I'll mail them
Nick
RD Arizona and Nevada
1954 R68/1951 Steib S500R

aznvrd

Sorry for the delay

Post by aznvrd »

I've noticed hits on this topic after the event so I'm sure members are looking for an after event report, which I'll be posting soon. I also need to learn to post some pictures.

Briefly: Hot and sunny, typical Phoenix spring. Some very nice machines. Met 5-6 VBMWMO members.

I just got moved to a different department at work and am getting caught up. More to follow.

Also! A member (from Las Vegas, I think) called me back in February about a white Motorsport R100S and R100RS. You pictures are ready. Call me again. I misplaced my notes or forgot where I put them before the trip :roll: so please forgive and call me. I'll get them to you.
Nick
RD Arizona and Nevada

aznvrd

Post by aznvrd »

Sorry for the delay! It took me a while to get the information I wanted to list here.

This was my first time at this annual event. It was held at the local Shrine Auditorium and there were 75 motorcycles of all makes, and models. In addition there was a swap meet in the side and back parking areas of the property. They try to schedule the event the week before Easter so set your calendars for next year.

Our marque was well represented by the following owners and their machines:
Mike Schoen who brought his 1942 R75 sidecar rig in Wehrmacht trim. He also took Best Sidecar/Three Wheeler honors.
C.L.Hoffman brought his 1950 R51/2 which looked great.
Marty Meitl brought his 1965 R69S with correct full era touring accessories.
Ed Bergman showed his 1975 R90S
I rode my 1954 R68 w/1951 Steib S500R.

VBMWMO member John Pavich left his BMWs at home and brought his (stunning) 1966 Honda CB160. Went home with Second Place in Modern Classic.

There were some great bikes represented there. An Indian w/Sidecar, Ariel Square Four, some great old school Harley Dressers, and some pre 1920 bikes. When I figure out the magic to post the pictures, I'll post our members entries and a few of the more noteable other makes.
Thanks to our member David Hogan (one of the dedicated volunteers who put on this event) for supplying the above information.

As I said, I have some pictures I'd like to post here if some one can explain how to do it.

Anyone living in Arizona should consider attending this event. The AACME/Arizona Chapter are great hosts, the event went smoothly, and the Award Plaques were very nice.

Again, my appologies to all those who checked this entry for the last few weeks and found nothing. I'll try to be better prepared next go-round, so it doesn't take so long to get this on the board.
Nick
RD Arizona and Nevada

Darryl.Richman

Post by Darryl.Richman »

Nick, the secret to posting a picture is in getting it up n the web someplace, in a "visible" form. By this I mean that the photo has to be accessible with a URL that begins http://... and ends with .jpg. Unfortunately, many of the free photo services don't make pictures so available. Smugmug (http://www.smugmug.com) can do it for you, for a small fee, or your ISP may provide you with some free web space.

Once your pictures are up on the web, you can post a reply to this topic and use the Img button to the right of where the page says "Message body". If you click this button once, it inserts a "BBCode" word at the end of your text that tells the forum software that what immediately -- without any extra spaces -- follows is a URL to a picture. The BBCode word is [ img ] (but with no spaces). Immediately after the URL, again with no spaces, click the Img button again and it will close the BBCode with [ /img ] (without the spaces). You can type these words yourself if you like.

If you do something wrong, the image won't show and some or all of the BBCode will show in your message instead. Use the Preview button to make sure that all is right before you Submit your message.

Good luck, and let me know if I can help.
--Darryl Richman

aznvrd

Um, well ok....

Post by aznvrd »

OK.... I'll try that. :shock:

Remember, you're talking to a guy who still thinks hardware comes from an old store with creeky floors and guys named Hank and Joe who can tell you how to fix anything, and software comes from Victoria's Secret.... :oops:
Nick
RD Arizona and Nevada

Darryl.Richman

Post by Darryl.Richman »

It's really much simpler than all that text sounds. If you have a picture up on the web at, say http://darryl.crafty-fox.com/mcpics/vintage/R11nett.jpg, like I do, then you can display it by entering

[ img ]http://darryl.crafty-fox.com/mcpics/vintage/R11nett.jpg[ /img ]

but without the spaces, as I have immediately below, and Bob's yer uncle.

--Darryl Richman

VBMWMO

Post by VBMWMO »

FYI-Sunday 9 April from 10.00 to 16.00. at the El Zaribah Shrine Auditorium at 552 N. 40th St, Phoenix, Az. All makes. Fellow member advised me of it. (Thanks John)

Hope other Vintage BMW members can attend to show or at least to get aquainted.. Know a Vintage BMW owner in town who's not a member? Bring 'em! Let's talk about the Fall meet in Scottsdale. :shock: (What Fall meet in Scottsdale?!?) (Spring in Tucson? Summer in Flagstaff?)

Send me an e-mail and I'll e-mail back the flyer. Entry fee only $15 for the first bike, $20 to show 2 bikes. $25 to get 3 bikes in the show...
Dedicated to the Preservation of Classic and Antique BMW Motorcycles.