If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

Mecum 2023 Las Vegas Auction

jwonder

Mecum 2023 Las Vegas Auction

Post by jwonder »

Several Vintage BMW members made their way to Las Vegas last week to view, sell, buy and generally drool on a myriad of motorcycles. A full article, with pictures, is forthcoming in the next issues of Classic BMW Motorrader.

The sheer amount of motorcycles on-site was staggering, 1850 motorcycles, with all makes and models and some I have never seen!

The Black Forest collection was the highlight of the show with top billing as soon as you walked through the doors! The Black Forest collection brought some of the best looking vintage BMW's that I have ever seen and I was very happy to be able to Oogle at them. I even bid on a few before they got too high for my taste.

I did buy a 1948 James ML though, just because, well, its a James! :lol: This is my first non-BMW motorcycle and I am sure I will continue my love of collecting BMWs, but I really needed the James in my stable. A picture of that motorcycle is below.

If you were at the show and want to add anything please do, it was a great show with a lot of great people and we really had a great time. I will be back next year!!

IMG_8152.JPG
James Wonder
Vice President, Vintage BMW Motorcycle Owners
2022 BMW Friend Of the Marque
Long Island, New York

Dover Rider

Re: Mecum 2023 Las Vegas Auction

Post by Dover Rider »

Congratulations James! That is a beautiful Motorcycle. Looking forward to the article and more pics.
Cheers!

sherman980

Re: Mecum 2023 Las Vegas Auction

Post by sherman980 »

Had a great time at Vegas this year! Spent some time with Mac and the now "Famous James" and a few other VBMWO members looking at all the old iron there. Lots of other old friends there as well. Plenty of MC variety for just about every desire: Shiny and Pretty to trashed and in need of a complete restoration (and worse - LOL!). Other than the usual exceptional sales, overall, prices seemed to be down a bit this year in general from my view. More bikes than money on the floor....?

As with most auctions, best to SEE what you are bidding on with your own eyes. Mine said that some of what was there was not what it was purported to be. That said, most of what was there was quite nice and the new owners should be happy with their purchases whether they become living room ornaments or actual riders. I always learn a bit there and enjoy the time with friends regardless of whether I buy, sell, do both or neither :)

Looking forward to the magazine article and especially the pics!
Thanks.
Chuck S