If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

manufacture info on R50

Matt Strus

manufacture info on R50

Post by Matt Strus »

I once saw an ad for an older BMW that listed "date of manufacture" "M/C delivered to/and when" and it gave the name of some BMW group that provided that information. who does one contact for such information. I've got a 55 R50. thanks in advance

schrader7032

Re: manufacture info on R50

Post by schrader7032 »

Matt -

First thing you can do is to look at the rough list that I've been keeping here on the forum. Click on Knowledge Base then BMW Model Info. Find the R50 or type in your VIN at the top of the page. At the bottom of that page is a PDF that shows these sort of things that I've gleaned over the years. It's not perfect but it's a start.

As far as specific info for your bike, you would need to email BMW Archives and provide them what you have on the bike and they will do research and hopefully get back to you with some details. Here are a few emails to choose from...either one of them should get to them:

historisches.archiv@bmw.de

info.grouparchiv@bmwgroup.com
Kurt in S.A.
'78 R100/7 '69 R69S '52 R25/2
Fast. Neat. Average. Friendly. Good. Good.

Matt Strus

Re: manufacture info on R50

Post by Matt Strus »

Schrader7072. THANK YOU ever so much. I'll try the email addresses you listed. Digging a little further in the sites you suggested i found a parts catalog from 1956, granted it's in German, but now I have exploded diagram pictures as well as part numbers to reference parts I may need.

the email address historisches.archiv@bmw.de was rejected for whatever reason