If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

Spring Ride in February

stagewex

Spring Ride in February

Post by stagewex »

We just experienced some real climate change whether in the NY/NJ/CT area this weekend. Temps almost in the 70's.
Saturday I took my K75 for a nice ride to look at a friend who is selling his Softail Deluxe. Now I've been out of the Harley scene for many years but when I saw the bike... it was drop-dead-gorgeous. Tricked out just enough without being over the top.
For me to buy this bike I'd have to sell my 1969 r60/2, something I have been thinking about doing anyway. It is getting harder for me to get her up on the center stand and even though she is a 1 or 2 kick bike even that is getting tougher at my age.
So Sunday morning I took her on a long ride upstate to make sure I really wanted to sell her. 120 miles later the answer is no, at least at this time. There is nothing like riding this vintage relic and suddenly the Harley became just another cookie-cutter bike. Guess I was blinded by the chrome and steel (and power).
It was a great ride on the old girl though a lot of my favorite stops and secondary roads were closed for the Winter.
Later on I started to teach my wife to ride my TW200. Couldn't be a more gentle bike than that to learn on.
And took the Beagle for a ride in the Ural sidecar. Nothing like a Hound in a Hack.
Definitely a Happy Motoring Weekend. Here's a youtube link to Peppermint taking a ride with me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1USxXypevw

And a couple beauty pix:

Attachments
img_7918.jpg
img_7918.jpg (369.89 KiB) Viewed 2311 times
img_7901.jpg
img_7901.jpg (260.81 KiB) Viewed 2311 times
mike wex/stagewex
1969 BMW r60/2, US Model, 1995 BMW K75, 2006 Yamaha TW200, 2007 Ural Patrol, 1991 Honda XR250L

Slash2

Close call

Post by Slash2 »

You made the right decision! Great pics and thanks for sharing!
Western Pennsylvanian - Airhead Extraordinaire

312Icarus

You can buy a Harley

Post by 312Icarus »

You can buy a Harley anytime...keep the /2 forever! They ain't making any more of 'em!

Icarus

PS. When we got married 25 years ago, we drove off in a friends white R69 with a Steib side hack with my new wife and our Basset in the side car!

stagewex

side hack

Post by stagewex »

You can buy a Harley anytime...keep the /2 forever! They ain't making any more of 'em!

Icarus

PS. When we got married 25 years ago, we drove off in a friends white R69 with a Steib side hack with my new wife and our Basset in the side car!

Ahh, the key to a happy marriage. So few know about the magical powers of a sidecar.
mike wex/stagewex
1969 BMW r60/2, US Model, 1995 BMW K75, 2006 Yamaha TW200, 2007 Ural Patrol, 1991 Honda XR250L