If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

Quarterly Publication Volume 42 #2 & Ian Murley's R62

Slash2

Quarterly Publication Volume 42 #2 & Ian Murley's R62

Post by Slash2 »

Hey Ian,

Great article regarding your R62 and the amazing show at Blenheim Palace. What an experience! I'm wondering if you or any other vintage experts can shed some light on an interesting piece of memorabilia that has been hanging in my dining room for several years. This print was a gift from the previous owner of my first vintage BMW, my 64' R60/2. It appears to be signed by the artist with a last name of Simon. I'm guessing that perhaps this was available for purchase at a vintage rally way back when but aside from that, I know next to nothing about it and am hoping somebody out there could fill in the blanks!

Western Pennsylvanian - Airhead Extraordinaire

Darryl.Richman

This poster and others

Post by Darryl.Richman »

were painted by Dennis Simon. You can see them and order them on his website: http://centuryofspeed.com/Dennis_Simon/ ... e_Art.html. He has also kindly allowed us to print this poster on our club t-shirts: http://www.vintagebmw.org/v7/node/11775
--Darryl Richman

Slash2

Thanks Darryl!

Post by Slash2 »

What an extensive catalog of great period artwork! As Mr. Simon has been generous enough to allow us to use his work on our club shirts, which look great, perhaps we should have a direct link to his site somewhere more prominent on the site with a few other examples of his work. I'm sure there are plenty of members who could fill some space in their respective garages, dens, offices, "man caves," etc to bring him some business.

Just a thought!
Western Pennsylvanian - Airhead Extraordinaire