If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

Rebuilding an F750

All about BMW in racing can be discussed. Sharing of pictures, and other information.
Werner1111

Re: Rebuilding an F750

Post by Werner1111 »

Got it. Thank you. Where did you get the part that screws into the head? it sounds like it has the same OD as the Mikuni carb. That's where my problem was. I randomly found an old NOS aftermarket part on eBay.
R69 R90/6 R100/7 R100S R1150GSA S2R1000

Ericandchi

Post by Ericandchi »

Keep in mind our bike has a 650 LS engine. The head inlet has same size OD as the carb outlet so it's a straight fit. In your case you have 2 different sizes.

https://www.amazon.com/Fernco-P1056-125 ... 181&sr=1-1

Dad commented in an email that we'll need to keep an eye on this plumbing coupling to make sure the fuel doesn't break it down. I think I'm going to take one and soak it in fuel for a week to see how it holds up.

Werner1111

Post by Werner1111 »

Ah, OK, I didn't catch that it had a 650 motor. I think I got turned around when you mentioned the R90S block. Thanks for sharing the extra detail.

The rear disc is really beautiful, along with the rest of the bike!
R69 R90/6 R100/7 R100S R1150GSA S2R1000

Ericandchi

Post by Ericandchi »

Things are moving forward, the fairing is at the painter so we should have some nice body work soon. The bike is a clearly hybrid of the old and the new.

Last year I pryed the fork reflectors off because they didn't go with the theme. Dad recently made some nice plates to fill the void left. I think they look nice. If you look on right side of pic you can see the blue bean can of the wedgetail system.

F750
F750

Here's a view from above showing the light weight starter installed. We're too old to be trying to bump start the bike!
Attachments
Starter Motor
Starter Motor
Last edited by Ericandchi on Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ericandchi

Post by Ericandchi »

Bodywork is back from the painter, we're very happy with the results. Unfortunately the wrong plexiglass was sent when we bought fairing last year so working with supplier to remedy. Main thing left to do is mount oil cooler. Bike should be ready to start soon.

F750fairing.jpg

Ericandchi

Post by Ericandchi »

Dad designed and built a breather box that fits nicely under the engine cover. There were several on the market, but decided home made solution would have more volume.

catchtank1.jpg
catchtank2.jpg
catchtank3.jpg
catchtank4.jpg

Ericandchi

Post by Ericandchi »

Not sure if this is of interest, but for completeness I thought I would include the schematic I came up with for wiring harness. I grabbed some of the images from the parts diagrams even though oil lamp is an LED, starter is EME lighter one, and ignition is from Wedgetail. Pretty simple.

Wiring diagram
Wiring diagram
Last edited by Ericandchi on Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sherman980

Post by sherman980 »

Eric,
Interesting build. Thanks for posting. In the pics last posted, I'm curious who makes the foam velocity stack covers you are using. I need some for a project and haven't found any quite as "clean" as those. Appreciated.
Thanks.
Chuck S

Ericandchi

Post by Ericandchi »

Stacks and filters from Speed Moto in Oregon. Filters can be ordered in red, black or green. It's been fun scouring the internet looking for various bits. Everything I purchased was really high quality. We've kept a journal of everything we purchased.

https://speedmotoco.com/vm-mikuni-stack ... ity-stack/

https://speedmotoco.com/billet-aluminum ... red-green/

Happy shopping

Ericandchi

Post by Ericandchi »

We received the correct plexiglass which is now installed. Bike is just a few weeks away from being started. Motoforza was the company that supplied fairing and plexi. Soon as I notified the incorrect plexiglass had shipped they sent over the correct one.

Fairing with Plexi
Fairing with Plexi