If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

Headlight shell access

The place to discuss the R 90 S as well as the R90S Worldnet archives!
Zodiac

Headlight shell access

Post by Zodiac »

I'm a new r90s owner (1975 Silver smoke), and noticed the tail and head running lights are dead, assuming it's a fuse (unless miraculously both bulbs died on same day lol).

I never had an issue changing bulbs in my RS but it had easier access headlight shroud/glass. But the R90s fairing doesn't seem to offer as much accessibility, so pardon the noob (to this bike) question.

Is there a way to get into the headlight shell without removing the front fairing? (it's 25 degrees here today so I'd like to spend as little time in the cold garage as possible...) :D

Much appreciated!

bremoit

Re: Headlight shell access

Post by bremoit »

You can remove the fasteners on the upper fairing brackets (inside the fairing) and tilt the fairing-carefully-downward towards the front fender to access the headlight bucket.

Goes w/o saying, have some spare fuses and check for shorts/breaks in wiring--while you have access-to solve the fuse issue.

Cheers

Wayne J in MA

Post by Wayne J in MA »

A great modification is wiring in external fuse holders so that you can change these without a lot of work.
The downside is that you will never blow another fuse again now that the change is easy.
'62 R69S, '71 R75/5 SWB, '78 R100S Motorsport
Westwood, MA USA

Zodiac

Post by Zodiac »

bremoit wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:46 pm
You can remove the fasteners on the upper fairing brackets (inside the fairing) and tilt the fairing-carefully-downward towards the front fender to access the headlight bucket.

Goes w/o saying, have some spare fuses and check for shorts/breaks in wiring--while you have access-to solve the fuse issue.

Cheers
Sorry for not responding sooner, thanks! Yea, the old rule; "while you're in there" :D

Zodiac

Post by Zodiac »

Wayne J in MA wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:13 am
A great modification is wiring in external fuse holders so that you can change these without a lot of work.
The downside is that you will never blow another fuse again now that the change is easy.
That's usually how it goes, thanks!