If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

R90S For Sale, eBay

The place to discuss the R 90 S as well as the R90S Worldnet archives!
kirkpatrick3890

R90S For Sale, eBay

Post by kirkpatrick3890 »

See
https://www.ebay.com/itm/283959646271?s ... Track=true

IMO it will be interesting to see if it sells for that price.
Mac Kirkpatrick
President, VBMWO

smross

Re: R90S For Sale, eBay

Post by smross »

I'm sorry, but that sale invites comment. The seller is delusional if he thinks he's going to sell a 30k mile S for 20 grand, despite the glowing praise from the guy who sold it to him. Seriously???? Genuine Cheng Shin tires! Make sure you save those! As they say in the car biz, "There's an ass for every seat" but I want to meet the chump who falls for that syrupy, disingenuous copy and buys that bike.

srankin

Re: R90S For Sale, eBay

Post by srankin »

At my local airhead shop we often have the discussion about crazy prices for airhead bikes.

I always get a big kick out of how many "recently restored" bikes come with huge asking prices.

The current belief I hold is unless the person doing the restoration is someone who A, does it professionally, B, has an established reputation for excellence, C, has done more than one bike, The higher price of a "restored" bike is no more than that of any average bike on the market.

Over my years of hanging around an airhead shop, I have seen what kind of work so called experts can do to bikes either though ignorance, stupidity or cheapness.

Airheads are fairly easy to work on and to yes, rebuild, restore, but still, the chance to screw things up is still there.

An example I would make is to watch Ted Porter's video available on his website about how not to have airhead heads rebuilt. Someone well meaning, could have just restored a R90S, spent a thousand dollars on head work and destroyed the heads because the shop they had do the work didn't know what they were doing.

Oh yes, the bike might look pretty and run well for a short while but still might be an overpriced bit of junk.

I speak from my own experience having just sorted out a bike I purchased used. I now call it my soiled dove. The bike was very pretty with supposed low milage when I bought it from the possible 2nd owner. Now after a rebore, head job, and a lot of other expensive work, I have a bike that I can ride as an airhead should be ridden. It won't win any shows but it does the job.
Ok, I am blabbing on here, it is a free market and anyone is welcome and able to ask any price for any object for sale. Anyone is able to buy any object at any price they are willing to pay.

I does the airhead community no good to be goofy in setting unrealistic prices nor does it bode well someone bought the overpriced bike and then goes on to complain about the problems they have or buyer's remorse.

LOL, Look at me, I was just crabbing about buyer's remorse, Cheers, St.
Owner of a 84, R80RT and 78, R100RS