If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

Rough running

The place to discuss the R 90 S as well as the R90S Worldnet archives!
schrader7032

Have you gone through the

Post by schrader7032 »

Have you gone through the process of swapping electrical components? You've tried new plugs. How about swapping plug wires side to side. You can also put the coil-end of the spark plug wires into the different coil towers to simulate physical swapping of coils. Consider that process of making one type of change and note if the problem you experience switches from one side to the other.

I don't remember if you did this test...Konrad mentioned the ohms of the spark plug cap. Can you take a digital multimeter and put a test lead into each spark plug cap? That way, you're reading the resistance from one plug to the other. Let us know what the reading is. Also, what type of plug are you using? Again, not sure if you've stated that.
Kurt in S.A.
'78 R100/7 '69 R69S '52 R25/2
Fast. Neat. Average. Friendly. Good. Good.

monkeybikegirl

Good advise, I will do that

Post by monkeybikegirl »

Good advise, I will do that this weekend.
Thanks

monkeybikegirl

Looks like with the help of

Post by monkeybikegirl »

Looks like with the help of everybody I was able to solve the problem. After checking for spark a couple of times again, the spark seemed inconsistent. I removed the plug wires and replaced them with old ones I had around the shop. Bike runs great. Took it out for 2 hours yesterday and had no problems at all. The spark still only looks yellow not blue. I will order new plug wires as the replacement ones are of unknown origin. The unintended result of this little journey has been that I got to know the bike a little better.
Thanks everyone for your help! I reread the responses many times to make sure I would try everything.

ksiemon

wires vendor

Post by ksiemon »

This is the place for wires...............http://www.motoelekt.com/ignition.htm