If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

New original style mufflers, what is the best option?

The place to discuss the R 90 S as well as the R90S Worldnet archives!
RickR90s

shows and correctness

Post by RickR90s »

I've had my S judged a few times and I expect the criticism comes with the territory. You have to be thick skinned about it and don't take it personally.

RickR90s

tobydog61

Ksiemon, I just do not see

Post by tobydog61 »

Ksiemon, I just do not see the eBay listing for the mufflers. Can you please send me the link?

Thx
Jeff

ksiemon

http://www.ebay.com/itm/15146

Post by ksiemon »

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151467041516?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT

Hope you can get this. There still there. New /6 mufflers. Big Bucks! Don't get me wrong You just need to make your bike the way "you
want it" There are many books on the 90S. The main one is "BMW R90S" by Ian Falloon and his other "BMW Boxer Twins... Bible"
You can use these for reference. There are owners out there that know whats going on, but I've only met 2 in the last 42 years that weren't full of BS. You can get 90 percent of the correct parts new, still now. Good luck, most of all just enjoy it, ride it!

tobydog61

Wow, complete with authentic

Post by tobydog61 »

Wow, complete with authentic dents and rust spots. Seriously, They look quite nice but that is a heavy price. I have sent questions to the seller, will see if he responds. Thx again for the help.
Jeff

ksiemon

Been thinking about the big

Post by ksiemon »

Been thinking about the big muffler debate! Sense your not doing a ground up resto.......just go with the Emgo's. They will work great for $200.00, you'll need the clamps that were for the 40mm mufflers. Just purchased some. $10.00 each. Then you can spend that other $600 on other things. What is screwed up on yours, if anything ? If you need to purchase new BMW parts and can hold off till fall..........A&S out of Roseville, Ca. has a sale twice a year. At thanksgiving and Xmas. 15% off. Thats what's I've done over the past 4 or 5 years. There are plenty of other vendors all over that can get you going. I just got stuff from Moto-Bins, and Meyer's. You can trust them. They have stuff the dealer can't get. Moto-Bins has good pricing also and stuff comes in less than a week.

Good Luck!

tobydog61

My right is rusted through at

Post by tobydog61 »

My right is rusted through at the outer tip, gotta replace it. The left is intact but has a dent in it, but functional. I may look for a used right that matches and stick with the theme of the bike, low mileage original. Ordering new is fine but all that lettering on the outside is messy.
Jeff

tobydog61

I got the 90s back on the

Post by tobydog61 »

I got the 90s back on the road this past weekend and it's running pretty well. I ended up going with Jim Cray design mufflers made by Keihn. Beautifully made, perfect welds, polished stainless. Straight through design makes for a very mellow rumble, not too loud but wonderful to listen to. I'm taking it on a vintage ride and show this weekend so we'll see if people notice.
Jeff

ksiemon

How'd the show

Post by ksiemon »

How'd the show go..................Anybody know anything?

tobydog61

The only thing people noticed

Post by tobydog61 »

The only thing people noticed was the quality of the mufflers. They really look great and the quality of the welds really stands out. The fact that they are stainless does give them that slightly golden look but I kind of like it. I really like the sound and almost wish they were a little louder but they have a great low rumble to them and they give the R90S a sound somewhat like a Ducati. I'd suggest them to anyone. I know one other guy with a fully restored 76 R90S was going to order a pair.

Jeff
Jeff

SteveH

Mufflers

Post by SteveH »

Just a question - were the Hoske mufflers an option on new bikes.

They seem very reasonably priced from Siebenrock - sound nice as well ?
Steve H