If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

R90S Mirrors?

The place to discuss the R 90 S as well as the R90S Worldnet archives!
tobydog61

Put them on eBay and let the

Post by tobydog61 »

Put them on eBay and let the bidding begin. Like they say they are only worth what someone will pay you for them, supply and demand. Would love to see you get a nice amount for them, helps the rest of us determine the value of our bikes and their parts.
Jeff

kirkpatrick3890

Re: R90S Mirrors?

Post by kirkpatrick3890 »

This is not much help, but I saw ONE pair of original NOS R90S mirrors sell on eBay for $750.00 about 10 years ago. Original is good for being original but don't work as well as new ones.
The original ones are thin stalked and elegantly curved as pictured, but they don't hold the mirror in position well. The ones I bought from BMW about 10 years ago had thicker less elegant straight stalks which I carefully bent into a similar to original bend, which helped their look a lot. The new mirrors hold position much better as they have a nut which tightens the mirror in position, making it a better functioning mirror, but less elegant looking.
Mac Kirkpatrick
President, VBMWO

pwfix

Post by pwfix »

Mac
It was my understanding that the thin stem curved mirrors only came on 1974 90S’s and for 75-76 models they were still thin stemmed but straight opposed to curved.
Am I incorrect on this?

RickR90s

Post by RickR90s »

"It was my understanding that the thin stem curved mirrors only came on 1974 90S’s and for 75-76 models they were still thin stemmed but straight opposed to curved.
Am I incorrect on this?"

I would say yes as my '74 came with the thin but lower bent mirrors (closer to the handlebars).

RickG
RickR90s

kirkpatrick3890

Value of R90S Mirrors?

Post by kirkpatrick3890 »

Long ago a NOS set of R90S mirrors sold on eBay for something like $700.00.
Mac Kirkpatrick
President, VBMWO