If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

First Post & Thoughts on my S

The place to discuss the R 90 S as well as the R90S Worldnet archives!
SecondownerDOR90s

First Post & Thoughts on my S

Post by SecondownerDOR90s »

Been lurker for awhile, this is my first post.

Have owned my 1976 DO R90s about 36 years now, here are some of my thoughts:

Glad I never sold it. Have seen many MC mag articles where someone says "back in the day, I had an R90s but I sold it, wish I had kept it".
Glad I got a DO & not the SS (although the SS is nice). TO THIS DAY, someone will remark about the color and ask "what paint shop did the custom paint work". Folks always shocked when I say its factory and 40 yrs old. I am sure that the visibility of the DO paint has saved my life, more than once.
Glad I kept the bike thru all the years of good/bad times, new wife, jobs, kids, self-employment, etc. I told someone recently that this bike is like an old photo album. And when someone has to evacuate quickly (as I keep reading about this summer), they grab loved ones, pets and photo albums.
I now take bike to shows and its always fun to talk to folks that remember the R90s and how iconic it is. Always rewarding when someone envies something you have kept up and recognizes its significance. The Dec., 2014 "Motorcyclist" magazine article was a wonderful example of the R90s place in history.
Also glad I have a near "museum piece" that I can ride and (pretty much) keeps up with much more modern bikes.

Finally, I remember going to innumerable BMWMOA rallys back in the day. They would do the " the oldest bike + rider" contest. Used to think, boy some of those folks are old & on old bikes. Just realized, in this category my S and I are into the 3 figure category!!

Look fwd to participating in this forum. Thanks

reopropf

Re: First Post & Thoughts on my S

Post by reopropf »

Hows it going 6 yrs later?
Hopefully well🙏