If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

Australian enthusiasts

etait

Australian enthusiasts

Post by etait »

I was wondering if anyone might know of some tuners/mechanics in the Sydney area who know all about R69s's?
Edward Jewell-Tait

Dominic

R69S

Post by Dominic »

I own a R69S and live in the Blue Mountains West of Sydney, I have rang around to a few BMW shops just to ask a couple of questions and there havnt been much help (eg We had a guy here who knew about that old stuff but he retired.....).

I am not aware of anyone in the Sydney region working on old BMs, If you find one could you let me know thanks, I am having a trouble getting mine to run right (fuel issue I think..........)

Dominic
1968 R69US
1973 R75/5
1971 Norton

etait

R69S

Post by etait »

Hi Dominic
I have just had some success with 'Peter' at Procycles BMW in St Peters (near the airport) - lovely man who started his apprenticeship on the R50's and 60's. Well worth a visit.
Edward Jewell-Tait

Dominic

R69S

Post by Dominic »

Cheers, thanks for that, I am still having some trouble with getting the bike to run properly. Sunday I thought I had it sorted, it run & idled good, a little rough when revving but I thought I was almost there.
Went out last night & could only get it to start (with a little trouble) & idle then die.............
Frustrating, I'll keep at it for a little while longer & recheck everything again, if no joy I'll give peter a visit.
thanks
Dominic
1968 R69US
1973 R75/5
1971 Norton