If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

CA Bay Area /2 Carb-Jetting Assistance Request

VBMWMO

CA Bay Area /2 Carb-Jetting Assistance Request

Post by VBMWMO »

hello everyone,

i'm new here to this forum, but have been riding a /2 or r69s since 1987.

i have recently nearly wrapped up an 8 year resto project for a '67 r69s.

its not meant to be a show bike so there's a few scratches, chrome chips, hardware dings here and there, but one helluva a good lookin' daily driver.

anyways, over the years i've been able tackle alot of the stuff on my own, but i'm not a mechanic, and i've never been able to find the sweet spot on jetting and idle. i've gone thru the books and manuals, and usually seem to just make it worse.

my bike has a strong spark, but still sputters a bit after warming up for a few minutes, might be running rich on the left cylinder side. sometimes stalls out like she isn't getting enough gas after a few blocks.

fuel lines are new and free flowing, drained the tank, float bowls move freeley and have been "polished". i did adjust the idel the other day which made her run better, but when trying to excelerate and twisting the throttle, she would still often die.

she was sitting at (black kat motorwerks)rick's workshop for a couple of years getting new pistons, rings, powder coated frame, etc. since after i picked her up this march, i've taken one trip to the legend of the motorcycle show in may where she ran very well. its been sitting in my workshop until this past week when i finally got around to mounting her new heinrich tank.

so i am making an appeal to anyone in the san francisco-bay area who is a jedi bing master who wouldn't mind coming to my work space in SF to teach me how to dial this in. i'd drive her to your location but don't know if she'd make it. i'd be happy to cover your gas round trip, lunch and a beer(s) or cokes, and maybe work out a trade for odd and ends if anything i have catches your eye.

i've got a pair of hoske repro pipes, one side good, the other side is dinged from a drop on the tarmac, work fine/flanders side stand/6V wet cell/drop modified single seat bracket/new custom made leather-felt repro small tank bra/hoske tank, hella spotlight mounting bracket, etc. i've got alot of extra vespa gs160 parts too if those are of interest.

here's where she was 4 years ago, you can see the hoske tank on her.

we can trade out larger or more vaulable items for additional lessons? i'm serious about making some time to learn more about the areas on my bike that i am not good at.

LMK any day which works for you, but sunday is best. its quiet and very few people around to fume out with exhaust.

so, any takers? i would love to learn from some one who has experience in this area of tuning carbs, and more, if you have the time and willingness to share.

here is where she is today...so close! :D

i'd love to hear from some one.

thank you.
Dedicated to the Preservation of Classic and Antique BMW Motorcycles.