If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

Mechanics Tools

Darryl.Richman

Mechanics Tools

Post by Darryl.Richman »

Somewhere on the net there's a Matra manual that shows all of the tools by number. I thought it would be at John's Beemer Garage, but it doesn't seem to be there.

I have done a couple of engine overhauls with the tools from Ed Korn's Cycle Works. While his tools aren't the heavy, single purpose items that the original Matra items are, but they do work, and for me, reliably.
--Darryl Richman

Jordan Nygaard

Mechanics Tools

Post by Jordan Nygaard »

Thanks for the info I have visited Ed's site and I did see something awhile back on ebay that was a tool manual and schematics but could not find it again. I am sure I will figure out what tools I need as I progress with my new (old) bike .
What a long strange trip it's been

Darryl.Richman

Mechanics Tools

Post by Darryl.Richman »

I have Ed's Many-in-one tool, the clutch tool, the magneto/generator bolt, the rear bearing aligner and the clutch centering tool. That's what you need to work on the motor. I also have his shock compressor, which is quite handy.
--Darryl Richman

schrader7032

Mechanics Tools

Post by schrader7032 »

Vech lists some Matra tools on his website...only a few pictures though.

http://members.aol.com/vechbmw/

Kurt in S.A.
Kurt in S.A.
'78 R100/7 '69 R69S '52 R25/2
Fast. Neat. Average. Friendly. Good. Good.

schrader7032

Mechanics Tools

Post by schrader7032 »

Kurt in S.A.
'78 R100/7 '69 R69S '52 R25/2
Fast. Neat. Average. Friendly. Good. Good.

MZ-B Guy

Mechanics Tools

Post by MZ-B Guy »

I bought Ed Korns videos...and like them...I also really like his tools...neat stuff...and well thought out... I especially like his transmission tools...and his silly putty stuff to figure how thick the shims need to be...what a neat deal...then he will send you a shim kit with a bunch of shims and all you pay for is those you need...

Joel Rapose
MZ-B Guy

Jordan Nygaard

Joel

Post by Jordan Nygaard »

It's interesting that you mention shims, I am just getting around to putting my earls back together and I noted in my papers and pictures that there was no shims at all when I took things apart. Now either the forks were close enough when built or some PO or mickanick did not return things to their rightful place. we shall see.

MZ-B Guy

Mechanics Tools

Post by MZ-B Guy »

I am sure the Earls Fork shims are listed on Duanes site... he showed me how to adjust wheel bearings, and that works super...he also sells those shims.... I can't imagine it not being listed.... probably years ago someone thought they would tighten up the forks by removing the shims... or someones idea of alignment... who knows.. anyway check Duanes site.

Joel
MZ-B Guy

Jordan Nygaard

Mechanics Tools

Post by Jordan Nygaard »

Is there anywhere that I can find good drawings with measurements of the hard to find shop tools? I am going to take a machine shop course at the local tech school as soon as tuition cash will allow and these tools may be good projects for the course credits.

rosenstein6900

Mechanics Tools

Post by rosenstein6900 »

Is there anywhere that I can find good drawings with measurements of the hard to find shop tools? I am going to take a machine shop course at the local tech school as soon as tuition cash will allow and these tools may be good projects for the course credits.

Try emailing Roland Slabon. He might be able to hook you up with a set of drawings. They also appear on Ebay regularly.
1967 R69S, 1963 R60/Steib Spezial