If you like our site, please consider joining our club!
By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
JOIN HERE!

Calling All Speedometer Experts

wronkatoys

Calling All Speedometer Experts

Post by wronkatoys »

Working on my 1976 R90/6 speedometer , getting it ready to send off the Hollywood Speedometer. Upon taking it apart ,the plastic housing,that hold the gauges has several plastic mounts that are broken and cracked. I'm sure this is a common problem on 40 year old bikes.

Does anyone have a speedometer housing that they would sell? Must have the brake failure on the top of the housing and the orange turn signal indicator on the bottom. Have been checking Ebay,but none will work so far.

I would also buy a complete gauge set ,housing and all if I could find a good one,would have to have a 1.186 ratio. My rear hub is stamped 33/10 .

So if anyone sees one for sale let me know. I'm getting a real education working on my first air head. Went for my first ride yesterday about 20 miles. Bike is sweet. Will improve brakes before next ride and getting speedo fixed.TIA

Wally Wronka
College Station,Texas

schrader7032

Not sure how much North

Post by schrader7032 »

Not sure how much North Hollywood Speedo can help with the broken housing. Terry Vrla does speedometer repair in Colorado...he might be able to fix it. You might check with Mikey at Airhead Salvage in Martindale, TX...not far from you. He might have some housings around.
Kurt in S.A.
'78 R100/7 '69 R69S '52 R25/2
Fast. Neat. Average. Friendly. Good. Good.

wronkatoys

Speedo Fix

Post by wronkatoys »

Thanks for the heads up on the Air Head salvage in Martindale ,Tx. Will call Mikey
Wally Wronka
College Station,Texas

wronkatoys

Speedo Fix Update

Post by wronkatoys »

I just shipped my speedometer off to Hollywood Speedometer.. After a careful inspection of my speedometer housing. I have decided to repair it myself. Only three plastic tangs need repair.

I have ordered new Ferodo pads for the front disc and new shoes for the rear. Just received new stainless brake line This should improve the braking big time.

Will be ordering new tach and speedo cables from Perry's Motorcycles. Just received a oil filter kit and gear shift rubber from Perry's motorcycles.

Today's surprise was on removing gear shift lever ,I found out gear box oil drains out on shift lever screw removal. Put gear shift screw back in fast:-)

Bike has after market horns mounted on crash bars. Will install a correct Bosch horn were it goes. I have one in my stash of parts. Same horn that NSU uses.

I'm going to remove the big double seat and go with a Corbin Gunfighter seat. I also have a stock BMW seat that I got with the bike. Have a new seat cover for it. The foam looks good for its age. The pan has some rust ,will clean i[ up and paint it.
Wally Wronka
College Station,Texas