By joining you will help ensure that we can continue to provide this service
So here's my solution to seriously stuck slides.
- Dismantle as much of the carb as possible.
- IMPORTANT: Remove all brass items.
- Boil the Billy filled with water. Simmer slowly...
- Add CLR at ~25%. I had to start somewhere...
- Suspend the carb on a wire submerged in the bubbling solution, jiggling occasionally.
- GENTLY tap the slide and the slide body after each 5 minute session.
- Mine wasn't closed properly so there was a little wriggle room tapping down from the top.
- GENTLY lever on the thick part on the bottom of the slide.
- Repeat and be patient.
- Note 'GENTLY' !!!
- 25 minutes and mine was free...
This process doesn't make the carbs shine like new, but certainly cleans them.
After cleaning both carbs, I got this engine running easily. It was very responsive, but sadly, noisey. But that's another whole story...
A friend had a similar carb issue. This worked on his carbs too.
Hope this helpful...