2 replies [Last post]
hooverbj's picture
VBMWMO #9255
Joined: 04/01/2017
Posts: 115

I see people on YouTube using colored feeler gauges that are specific to the intake/exhaust... that aren't attached to a whole set, like mine. My google search revealed that they are out there but I couldn't find any vendors who shipped to the US. Does anybody have these? they look quite handy.

Thanks in advance,
Brian Hoover
Cedar City, Utah
1966 R50/2
2004 1200c

schrader7032's picture
VBMWMO #7032
San Antonio, TX
Joined: 10/27/2006
Posts: 6950
Seems like a nice to have but

Seems like a nice to have but certainly not needed. My two thickness are easy to tell apart. The thinner one is more curved than the other after dragging it between the rocker and pushrod. Even then, I still look at the printed dimensions just to be sure.


Kurt in S.A.
'78 R100/7 '69 R69S '52 R25/2

miller6997's picture
VBMWMO #6997
Joined: 10/27/2006
Posts: 1109
Original tool kit

The original tool kit had a small feeler gauge like the one you asked about. The problem is, you would probably have to buy the entire kit in order to get it, which is not cheap.


Jon Miller
'67 R69S
'13 F800GT
Altadena, California

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.