4 replies [Last post]
jim in the north
jim in the north's picture
Joined: 04/20/2012
Posts: 26

Anybody know where I can buy a headlight cover for 1983 r100rt? Fell out on a bumpy road. This isn't the round glass lens that I'm talking about. It's almost square shaped and fits in the fairing ahead of the headlight pod. Looked in the ditches near the spot where a heard a clank but couldn't find it. I figure it must have gone deep into the bush.

schrader7032's picture
VBMWMO #7032
San Antonio, TX
Joined: 10/27/2006
Posts: 6698
You could try Mikey at

You could try Mikey at Airhead Salvage.



Kurt in S.A.
'78 R100/7 '69 R69S '52 R25/2

khittner's picture
VBMWMO #8223
Joined: 02/15/2012
Posts: 371
Wow---I'd think it'd take

Wow---I'd think it'd take some serious shaking to get an RT headlight cover to pop out of the rubber "headlight tunnel". If the tunnel's rubber lip has deteriorated, you may need to replace that, as well. Both pieces show up fairly often in the parts listings on the IBMWR site, as well as E-bay. I'm pretty sure the OE headlight cover is tempered glass---it's not any variety of plastic.



Carott's picture
VBMWMO #8993
Joined: 04/14/2015
Posts: 24
RS/RT Glass

I may have one for you.
Check your messages.


2valve's picture
Glen Innes N.S.W Australia
Joined: 04/05/2007
Posts: 173
Part on ebay

Hi jim in the north.There is one listed on ebay at the moment.If you haven't found one as yet,

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.