1 reply [Last post]
Joe Walterscheid
Joe Walterscheid's picture
Joined: 12/21/2014
Posts: 23

What valve spring compressor tool have you used? I'm looking to buy one but as little as I will use it I can justify spending much. I can't find one of Ed's C clamps.

Darryl.Richman's picture
VBMWMO #6285
Surf City, USA (Santa Cruz, CA)
Joined: 10/27/2006
Posts: 2185
If you have a medium sized

If you have a medium sized C-clamp laying about, you can use that with an appropriately sized socket to remove the valve springs. You can't use a socket to put the springs back because you can't get to the valve to place the collets. In this case you'll have to find something C shaped that will space the clamp from the spring plate but will give you access to the valve stem.

Alternatively, you can buy the inexpensive Lisle valve spring compressor (see picture) at most chain auto parts stores.

  • 23300c__21930.1411727269.1280.1280.jpg

VBMWMO Webmaster,--Darryl Richman

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.